Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long term storage options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone stored their car for a long period of time (6 weeks) without plugging in?

We are going out of town, and will be moving out of our house before then so need to keep the car somewhere... only options are:

- leave it at a friend's place (no charging);
- park it at the airport (charging, but somewhat pricey given the duration of our trip).

Most likely going with the airport, but thought I would ask to see if anyone else had thoughts.

Has anyone stored their car for a long period of time (6 weeks) without plugging in?

We are going out of town, and will be moving out of our house before then so need to keep the car somewhere... only options are:

- leave it at a friend's place (no charging);
- park it at the airport (charging, but somewhat pricey given the duration of our trip).

Most likely going with the airport, but thought I would ask to see if anyone else had thoughts.

Does your friend have a 120V in their place? We leave our cars at my sister-in-law's place with our key when we go on long trips, OR leave the cars at home and take an Uber to airport...

That way cars are plugged in or have access to nearby charging...

The car loses very minimal range these days if you don't wake it up. turn off all the stuff like standby summon, cabin overheat blah blah and you should be more than fine. I think mine lost like 10 miles of range in 3 weeks sitting in my garage last time I did it in march.

• Informative
Reactions: geometro