Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Term Storage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Set the charge level to 50/60%. Plug in. Have someone occasionally check circuit is still live.

From reading here, it also sounds like the 12v could be disconnected disabling everything and it would hold a charge for quite some time. Not clear of a year would be ok?

Is the storage area temperature controlled?

Set the charge level to 50/60%. Plug in. Have someone occasionally check circuit is still live.
Yes, very important to have someone check that the car is still periodically charging. There has been at least one Tesla out there that was bricked (battery pack ruined) because the circuit breaker tripped and the car drained the battery.

* Set Charge Limit to 50/60%
* Set Charge Current to 6 amps (reduces the chance that the circuit breaker will trip)
* Set Smart Preconditioning OFF (Settings > Vehicle > Smart Preconditioning off)
* Set Energy Saving ON, Always Connected OFF (Settings > Displays > Energy Saving)

To protect your tires, either put your car on a lift or use FlatStoppers.

Just checking in to see if there are any updates. I have to store my 70D for 4-6 months. I was going to use a "self storage" So for I have gleaned:
-Keep it plugged in. Set to 50% charge.
-Check the app to make sure it does not trip the breaker.
-Set current flow to 6 amps (not sure how to do this...)
-Put something under tires to keep the concrete from rotting them.
-Climate control ideal.
-Rodent control critical.

Any other thoughts? Thanks

I now see my "location" is listed as Dorset VT. The car is in Asheville NC and I am in French Polynesia... So, I will have to ask a friend to do all this...

How much does the battery drain per day or week... incase there is no plug.

One storage spot is near a Super charger... I could ask him to plug it in occasionally...