TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Long time enthusiats/lurker, just picked up my 70D yesterday!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by johnmclarren, Jun 25, 2015.

1. johnmclarren

johnmclarren New Member

The weeks after placing the order and watching the status change from waiting for confirmation, to in production queue, to in transit were the longest I can remember. I have been a fan of the Tesla since the Roadster but didn't think about owning one until the Model S was unveiled. I had planned on waiting until the Model 3 but when they announced the 70D I decided to pull the trigger on a lease. I plan on either buying it at the end of the 3 years or potentially getting the Model 3 if and when it is shown. Right now it is fit pretty snug in my garage as my Mazda was a bit smaller. Going to move my Model S out to move some stuff around so I have a bit more room, and I'll take some better pictures.

Driving home was probably the tensest moment of my life on the road. Every minor shift and lane change in front or behind me was in my mind a recipe for disaster, but alas, I made it home in one piece.

One question I have is with the Android app on the main page it shows Model S at the top until it connects and then displays "null." Is this normal?

Also I noticed it did have LTE. I had read a thread about someone getting it while others not.

DNZSbZh.jpg

Standard Black, Gray Next Gen seats, Auto Pilot Package, Pano Sun Roof, Upgraded Audio Package.

2. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

null means that you haven't given your car a name yet. If you touch the Tesla symbol on your screen, you'll see a place to name your car, and that will show on the app once you do that.

3. MichFin

MichFin Member

Congratulations and welcome to the club officially. Think of a good name because it's a BITCH to change it after.

4. davidc18

davidc18 Member

Congrats. Had ours for two weeks now. We are finding all sorts of reasons to go out driving now.

5. Sosius

Sosius a.k.a. Uptown Frunk

Yeah, and you probably don't want to name it BITCH either. Congrats on the car. Enjoy it.

6. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

I like seeing my car's name, Inspiration, so I named my Driver's Profile Settings my car name instead of my name. Every time I look at the top of the screen I see, Inspiration!

7. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

I've had mine for 18 months and I still am finding all kinds of reasons to go for drives. My photo hobby is Zero Emissions now, since I only take my Tesla. I used to spend a 1/2 tank of gas taking photos over the weekend in my Ford Escape Hybrid, I have "Guilt Free" photo's now!
    photo 5.JPG