Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Time Lurker from Indianapolis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All! I have been lurking on the forums for awhile and have soaked up quite a lot of useful info. I picked up my first Tesla last year (Model 3 Performance) and quickly got past any prior reservations I had about living with an electric vehicle. Longish trips to visit family in Michigan have been a breeze with the Tesla supercharger network. With the price drops this year, I jumped on the opportunity to pick up a Model S Plaid (ordered April 10) for a price much cheaper than what they were going for when I was in the market for my Model 3 last summer.

The M3P essentially replaced a 2005 Pontiac GTO 6M that I owned since new. The GTO had quite a few performance upgrades that I slapped on when I first got the car (headers, exhaust, magnacharger supercharger, upgraded clutch), but I had grown tired of all the noise it made when trying to go fast, plus the clunky shifter and heavy clutch. The M3P has been so much more practical (awd, much more storage and passenger space), feels much more nimble, faster accelerating (at least from 0-60), and very smooth and quiet while doing so. I honestly don't miss the GTO at all. And the MSP is basically my dream car, very happy with it once I got some initial issues with tire balancing sorted out. Still haven't pushed the pedal to the floor in Plaid mode yet, and frankly I'm a little scared to do so 😨

Reactions: GSP