Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Time Owner With Newbie Question ;)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi -

I had a leased 2018 Model S 75D, so I've been into Tesla for awhile now. Just took delivery on a 2021 Perf 3 two days ago, and I have a logo question that has probably been answered somewhere here...hence the "newbie" thing.

Mine has no PPF yet, so it's badged as Dual Motor, but with a thin red line under, which I've figured out means Performance.

I've seen discussion of older models with a P3D or P3D+ badge. Such things are available still on the web, and they look kind of cool, IMHO. I'm wondering if there is any absolute reason to not get such a thing. Opinions welcome - I just don't guarantee to honor same. ;).

All of those badges (P3D, P3D+ etc) are not officiaLbadges as the model 3 never had any official "PX" badging, unlike the Model S which used to but now doesnt, have such badging.

Anything you see online with those badges was people buying aftermarket badges and putting them there. If you are into aftermarket badging, go for it.