Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Time Owner with Newbie Question

brandyjc

Mar 21, 2021
Sacramento, CA
Just took delivery 2 days ago on my second Tesla. Had a 2018 Model S 75D, now a 2021 Model 3 Perf.

It has the classic Dual Motor badge, but that is underlined with a thin red line, which I've learned signifies Perf.

A few years ago, Perf 3's had a P3D or P3D+ badge, where the P and the D were red. I think they look cool.

Is there any absolute reason to NOT do that? ;)

miimura

Aug 21, 2013
Los Altos, CA
The only factory badges that were ever applied to Model 3 cars were "Dual Motor" and "Dual Motor" with the red underline. Any other badges you might have seen were aftermarket. Of course, you can do whatever you like.

derekmw

Oct 3, 2016
San Diego, CA
yeah, ike @miimura said, Model 3's never came with those badges. Also, all S, X, and Y's now use this same badging. I rather have no badging but oh well...I rather not deal with having to re-apply the badge when returning the lease.

Gasaraki

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
Just took delivery 2 days ago on my second Tesla. Had a 2018 Model S 75D, now a 2021 Model 3 Perf.

It has the classic Dual Motor badge, but that is underlined with a thin red line, which I've learned signifies Perf.

A few years ago, Perf 3's had a P3D or P3D+ badge, where the P and the D were red. I think they look cool.

Is there any absolute reason to NOT do that? ;)
Model 3 Performance never had a P3D badge. Those are all aftermarket.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC