Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
I've currently been waiting 4 months, 6 days for all of the parts to arrive to my body shop for fairly major front end body work. It's a Tesla cetified shop/2017 Model S/ not driveable.
Anybody else have experience with how long it takes for Tesla to get the parts supplied for body work?
I'm so disappointed by how disorganized and sparse the spare parts supply is. Also I'm currently renting a car out of pocket, because better options have expired in the long wait, and the charges are adding up. Come on Tesla!!!!! Thanks

You might have already done this but I would check with Tesla at their main number to get service help and have them check and see if parts have actually been ordered against your VIN #. I had the situation occur when I waited for a month and a half for parts and finally checked with Tesla and found out nothing was ordered. Fortunately I could still drive my car. Thanks to this forum I made the choice not to leave my car with the body shop until all parts were in (as verified by Tesla). Good luck!

Seriously, ask for a list of parts from your repair center. Have them itemize which items are outstanding. What i though was one part turned out to be 12 that were waiting. I raised holy hell and then wham parts came in a few days later. Going to tesla with a list showing whats missing is a great way to juice them into action. I ended up getting hired at Tesla not soon after, but left on my own accord in ~2 yrs.

Yeah the body shop gave me a list several weeks ago with 85 parts outstanding on it. I was def in communication with my Tesla Customer Service person over that. Now we are down to less than ten parts to be delivered tomorrow.... Supposedly.