TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Long wait time when calling for service

Discussion in 'Model X' started by jajabor, Aug 31, 2017.

1. jajabor

jajabor Member

I don't know how many people have the same experience but the wait time is way too long whenever I call the service department. Last few times I called, on average I waited 30 minutes before I could even talk to someone. I would rather not call for service but so many things are not working that I have no other option. I have been driving Tesla since early 2013 and have owned both Model S and X. The quality of service has gone down so much in last couple of years. This is so frustrating.

• Informative x 1
  2. tezzla

tezzla Member

I can usually get into Burbank SC with a day or two.

3. Xcelerator

Xcelerator Member

I've found they do MUCH better with email than phone calls. Emails are usually responded to within 5 minutes.

4. SSD420

SSD420 Member

My SC responds much faster to email. I also have the cell phone number of some of the service guys. They will often text me back much faster. It's also easier to get time stamps of issues as they're happening.

5. ThomasB

ThomasB Member

In Montreal calling works great. I've actually had a few unanswered emails from them.

They also have a new policy in place, when you call they give you an appointment within the next 24hours. So far great service every time i had to call them.

• Like x 1
  6. Fonzi'sGF

Fonzi'sGF Member

My last call to service did not go to the local service center, but rather to a call center.

7. rush6410

rush6410 Member

I get a regional call center. They then get service on the line.

8. hill

hill Member

Our 2017 X has had an update stuck since last Saturday, & it took about 15 minutes to get through to phone support, where they told us they'd push it to us by Friday. Well .... here we are Friday, nothing yet. in the meantime doors are opening after being locked & maps are not keeping up with GPS whereabouts, etc (sigh)