Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long wait time when calling for service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know how many people have the same experience but the wait time is way too long whenever I call the service department. Last few times I called, on average I waited 30 minutes before I could even talk to someone. I would rather not call for service but so many things are not working that I have no other option. I have been driving Tesla since early 2013 and have owned both Model S and X. The quality of service has gone down so much in last couple of years. This is so frustrating.

• Informative
Reactions: SocalMS
My SC responds much faster to email. I also have the cell phone number of some of the service guys. They will often text me back much faster. It's also easier to get time stamps of issues as they're happening.

In Montreal calling works great. I've actually had a few unanswered emails from them.

They also have a new policy in place, when you call they give you an appointment within the next 24hours. So far great service every time i had to call them.

Reactions: SSD420
Our 2017 X has had an update stuck since last Saturday, & it took about 15 minutes to get through to phone support, where they told us they'd push it to us by Friday. Well .... here we are Friday, nothing yet. in the meantime doors are opening after being locked & maps are not keeping up with GPS whereabouts, etc (sigh)

I called support a few times for various issues, and was redirected to the local service location (Oakville, Ont.) - and wasn't able to reach anyone there. Eventually (hours or days later) in each case they called back. (Although not always the case; one time a couple of months ago the Oakville service rep solved a software problem very quickly over the phone & Internet.) Other approach is to submit a support query (not escalated since I can live with the problems for a while) - and it takes a long time to hear back: a couple of weeks the previous time, and about three weeks (so far) for the current one. I'm guessing they're understaffed in Oakville; hope they fix that soon.

I called support a few times for various issues, and was redirected to the local service location (Oakville, Ont.) - and wasn't able to reach anyone there. Eventually (hours or days later) in each case they called back. (Although not always the case; one time a couple of months ago the Oakville service rep solved a software problem very quickly over the phone & Internet.) Other approach is to submit a support query (not escalated since I can live with the problems for a while) - and it takes a long time to hear back: a couple of weeks the previous time, and about three weeks (so far) for the current one. I'm guessing they're understaffed in Oakville; hope they fix that soon.

They only got 2 staff for the service front desk, and they are more busy than Lawrence

Usually I drive in to make appointment since they never answer my call/email