Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer cable for rolec to tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK iv been reading the longer cables thing now. I have the rolec smart which is hooked to 32a. What cable goes with thst into tesla model 3? They all say type 2 to Type 2 but I don't think the rolec is a type 2 socket? Can anyone clarify?

What cable/socket did you specify for the Rolec?

Model 3 is Type 2 for AC or CCS for DC.

The other end is dependent on what you specified on Rolec, but Tesla supply a (currently) 4m long type 2 to type 2 (both ends still use different plugs) cable, so you really want a type 2 untethered outlet (which looks to be the standard Rolec socket type) or a tethered type 2 and keep the Tesla cable dry in the boot.

Most people would suggest tethered is more convenient but slightly less flexible in what other cars it can connect to. Model 3 is approx 4.9m long if that helps as a constraint when choosing required cable length.

What cable/socket did you specify for the Rolec?

Model 3 is Type 2 for AC or CCS for DC.

The other end is dependent on what you specified on Rolec, but Tesla supply a (currently) 4m long type 2 to type 2 (both ends still use different plugs) cable, so you really want a type 2 untethered outlet (which looks to be the standard Rolec socket type) or a tethered type 2 and keep the Tesla cable dry in the boot.

Most people would suggest tethered is more convenient but slightly less flexible in what other cars it can connect to. Model 3 is approx 4.9m long if that helps as a constraint when choosing required cable length.
Didn't specify any it just came I'm looking as soon as I get a minute this morning! If its a half circle shape its type 2 if its a full circle what's that?