TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Longer Roadster to Mennekes Cable

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Logticom, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Logticom

Logticom Roadster Sport EU #243

Hi,

I have a Roadster to Mennekes cable that came with the car.
    The cable is only aprox 3 / 3,5 m long.
    I am looking for a longer Roadster to Mennekes cable.
    5 or 6 meters will be better for me since I than dont have to park (mostly) backwards on public charging station here in The Netherlands.

Is there anybody that is willing to sell a longer Roadster to Mennekes cable?
    Or anybody that knows where I can find such a cable?
    Is it possible to just buy a "Roadster end" somewhere?
    (I think I know someone (electrician) that can connect it to a cable and a Mennekes end)

Gr,
    Marcel

2. gregd

gregd Active Member

Maybe easier to find or make a Mennekes extension cable. The Roadster connector is hard to come by, and not cheap if you do. Not that the Mennekes end will be cheap, either, but I expect it's a currently used part.

3. Marius

Marius Member

I have a cable for you. Possible to charge up to 70A 1 fase meaning 14 kW or 80 km per hour. Roadster to Mennekes. Length 4m1.
    1 day we will meet :)

#899 Member

Inless I am mistaking you have a mennekes type 2 connector?
    You could by any type 2 mennekes and buy a can adapter from henry Sharp. Search the forum or google it and you will strike gold

• Like x 1
  5. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

I used to make those cables (I probably made yours). I no longer make them and don't know anybody who does. Better off to use @899's advice, which I'm certain you already are:)

6. Logticom

Logticom Roadster Sport EU #243

thanks for the tips! i received the "henry sharp adapter" and will be testing it soon. i prefer an extra roadster to mennekes cable but the solutions above are ok for me for the short term

@Marius : yes, we will meet soon :) and i am interested in your extra cable.