Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh ok makes total sense!. Thank you so much for walking me through that!. I got the battery back in the car and the Service Menu shows the LV Battery is all in the green and happy. Hopefully, I'll have the same luck as you with V29.
Just wanted to follow up and say V29 is still working great!. I've had no further issues with my Ohmmu v4+ Non-heated. Well over 112 cycles. A few with V29 and my Tesla Model 3 sleeps way better since updating than it ever has before. Before V29 and the runaway suicide I experienced on Dec 18th, I noticed a LOT more Idles than Sleeping. Now it's the opposite!. :).

Happy New year!.

Reactions: Flybyglass
Just wanted to follow up and say V29 is still working great!. I've had no further issues with my Ohmmu v4+ Non-heated. Well over 112 cycles. A few with V29 and my Tesla Model 3 sleeps way better since updating than it ever has before. Before V29 and the runaway suicide I experienced on Dec 18th, I noticed a LOT more Idles than Sleeping. Now it's the opposite!. :).

Happy New year!.
Am I correct in assuming that the v29 designation is the latest firmware for the Ohmmu?

Rookie question: How are you all checking to see if your car spontaneously starts up to charge the battery?

I'm right at 48 months on the original battery and wondering if I should change it.

Best,
If original Atlas battery change it. Cheap insurance. You could add a bluetooth monitor to the battery and you would see occasional wake up cycles occurring briefly charging then going back to sleep. Something like this: ref=sr_1_1_sspa

Reactions: dfwatt
Rookie question: How are you all checking to see if your car spontaneously starts up to charge the battery?

I'm right at 48 months on the original battery and wondering if I should change it.

Best,
That’s why I changed mine. I was right at 48 months and I live in Arizona; batteries don’t last too long here, so I proactively changed it. I’ve had a lead acid die (the stock one) in my last Tesla before the night my dad was dying and it was a very unpleasant experience not getting my car to respond when I needed it most. This time around, I got to 2 years and replaced it early and hopefully never having to change it again for the length of time I keep the car. Fortunately the Ohmuu has been working perfectly the last 2 months I’ve owned the V4 Heated version and it’s nice that I can monitor it with its app too.

Reactions: Flybyglass
Has anyone experienced their car shutting off when waking up or unplugging from a charger? I was told, (but havent yet verified) that my Model S I bought this year has an Ohmmu battery. I don’t have any codes, but almost daily now the car resets when waking, sometimes after sitting for just 30 minutes or overnight, sometimes right after unplugging. It’s also taken several anttempts to install updates. Only thing I can think of is it could be the LV battery or some contactor or DC-DC circuit, but it’s so intermittent that I can’t predict anything, and Tesla doesn’t see anything.
Watch the voltage on the 12v accessory and see if it fluctuates?

Got the first 12V needs replacing on my Ohmmu V4+ no heater. Only 7 charge cycles old. Was a Tesla app notification and I caught the 12V kill discharge early while still at 97% SOC. Reset procedure via BT recovered operation. Got down to freezing for the first time in Silicon Valley this winter so I guess that explains it.
Follow FIRMWARE update procedure to V29 along with software settings procedure to Model 3. If returns request a heated V4+. Had V4+ heated in New England now 3 months below freezing often no issues.

Reactions: 3rror
Follow FIRMWARE update procedure to V29 along with software settings procedure to Model 3. If returns request a heated V4+. Had V4+ heated in New England now 3 months below freezing often no issues.
On my software I have no denotation of a v29 firmware. I simply have a long serial number namely DP04S007L4S100A. Does this number appear anywhere in your firmware identifiers?

On my software I have no denotation of a v29 firmware. I simply have a long serial number namely DP04S007L4S100A. Does this number appear anywhere in your firmware identifiers?
I only saw V29 following the instructions for the special app to install V.29. Once in stalled (takes about 30 seconds, one must install the configuration for your car (i.e. model 3). The reason is the firmware V29 is used on most of the batteries so it then must be configured to the Model 3.

Follow these instructions. It is a 2 step process: Tesla | All Models (Bluetooth-Enabled) | Vehicle not Charging 12V Battery

I only saw V29 following the instructions for the special app to install V.29. Once in stalled (takes about 30 seconds, one must install the configuration for your car (i.e. model 3). The reason is the firmware V29 is used on most of the batteries so it then must be configured to the Model 3.

Follow these instructions. It is a 2 step process: Tesla | All Models (Bluetooth-Enabled) | Vehicle not Charging 12V Battery
This is another troubling non-standardization. I suspect you've got an iPhone. Android does not indicate any of these things