Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I bought my Ohmmu battery around 11/21. Not a single issue with it until just about a week or so ago an annoying Passenger Restraint Fault which comes and goes occasionally. ( I decided to finally get a service reqeust in for it). When I was doing so, I went out to the car and brought up the page that shows all the Service Fault notifications, etc. Among the Restraint issue on that same day and triggered twice during a time that my car was charging was one of those VCFront errors that I looked up and it refrences an issue with the 12volt Battery. It never popped up on the screen that I recall and only did it that one time.

Is it beginnng to look like an issue is starting to creep up with recent Tesla software updates and the Ohmmu Battery that they are testing a new module? Just wondering if I should keep a close eye on this one.

THanks
B.

I bought mine in 5/2019.
There was an update that caused alerts for some users in mid-late 2020; I got my free swap in and installed by ~10/2020.
There was an update that caused alerts for some users in late 2021; I got my free swap and module in and installed by early March as a tester.

Still no issues with the latest revision, coming up on 2 weeks installed.

Last edited:
I bought their battery on 12/30/21, and my ‘18 M3P had an update from Tesla the very next day that caused the 12v error. Tesla changed how it tests the battery that doesn’t jive well with the Ohmmu.

Been beta testing their new module for about a week with no returning errors. Updated to 2022.8.2 yesterday and drove around for a while, no returning errors. Just need some more info on how their module is supposed to prevent this issue in the future, but it looks like this new revision that they’re gearing to send out fixes things…. Again.

Errors popped up on my car yesterday, 4/3 (I had a replacement battery and the BMS as part of the beta program).

Emailed Ohmmu this morning, they replied back within a few hours with a link to the v3 battery.

Will get installed and hope that clears the errors!

Hmm I bought mine in 11/21 and only had one fault while it was charging. I forgot the code but it was the typical 12v battery related fault. I only happened to see it because I was looking at the service notifications whenever my on again off again problem with my passenger seat restraint popping up a fault.

I wonder if it’s just luck of the draw on certain years having issues with the lith battery or just a matter of time before it catches up to me.

I would think it is just a matter of time, but that's just a guess.

Maybe it has to do with other electronics/accessories that folks have installed, too? (i.e., every extra aftermarket electronic thing pushes the expected range a little bit?)

Errors popped up on my car yesterday, 4/3 (I had a replacement battery and the BMS as part of the beta program).

Emailed Ohmmu this morning, they replied back within a few hours with a link to the v3 battery.

Will get installed and hope that clears the errors!
I wonder if the new internal BMS on Rev3 is different from the external module add on Beta fix? or it’s the same thing just built internally into the battery? I was under the understanding that was the case.

Ski

I wonder if the new internal BMS on Rev3 is different from the external module add on Beta fix? or it’s the same thing just built internally into the battery? I was under the understanding that was the case.

Ski
Based on the resolution offered, it sounds like the built-in BMS on Rev3 is DIFFERENT than the external module add-on.

I don't know that I would have guessed that.

Reactions: Skione65
I reached out to Sean at Ohmmu and told him I was concerned that this new V3 battery they tested and are using now has superseded the v2 and older product and was just wondering if I'm going to start getting errors. I told him I only had 1 since owning the battery in the past 5 months. He said there was no need to swap it out unless I was having the errors and if and when that ever occurs they would upgrade me under warranty to the newest battery (V3 or whichever is current).

Gotta love that they stand behind their products like they do.

Y’all have completely different experiences than I have. Ohmmu completely dropped the ball in communicating with me and I’m in their beta program.

I first got the error with the beta battery module back on March 22. Emailed the team as soon as the error popped up, no response or advisement on next steps. I finally had to use the chat box on their homepage and got a response from that a few days later saying they were doing an update and to hold tight for next steps. I’ve asked for updates and didn’t even know there was a V3 until I opened this forum, and again I’m in their beta program and reported a serious issue back on March 22.

I’ve done multiple beta programs for my past tuners for big and small companies, and I’ve never seen a lack of communication like this. When I first bought their battery, it started throwing codes that stayed even after a hard reset just days after. I’m a tinkerer and didn’t mind their request to be in their beta, but this inconsistent communication has lost my confidence in them.

Y’all have completely different experiences than I have. Ohmmu completely dropped the ball in communicating with me and I’m in their beta program.

I first got the error with the beta battery module back on March 22. Emailed the team as soon as the error popped up, no response or advisement on next steps. I finally had to use the chat box on their homepage and got a response from that a few days later saying they were doing an update and to hold tight for next steps. I’ve asked for updates and didn’t even know there was a V3 until I opened this forum, and again I’m in their beta program and reported a serious issue back on March 22.

I’ve done multiple beta programs for my past tuners for big and small companies, and I’ve never seen a lack of communication like this. When I first bought their battery, it started throwing codes that stayed even after a hard reset just days after. I’m a tinkerer and didn’t mind their request to be in their beta, but this inconsistent communication has lost my confidence in them.
@Nightdown_fox,
What error did you get on the Module on 3/22? Also what was they’re resolution or next steps after you finally got in contact with them? Did they offer you a V3 battery? I’ve contacted them asking if the V3 internals were updated and different from the Module internals however have not heard back. Anyone else heard anything?

Ski

Got the v3 battery installed this past weekend, and shipped the v2 and BMS back to Ohmmu. Resetting the car got the errors to go away, and I was able to software update to 2022.08

On the Prius battery, the battery post 'sleeves' were too big to allow the OEM clamps to go back on, so I'm running without the sleeves for now; need to follow up with Ohmmu.

@Nightdown_fox,
What error did you get on the Module on 3/22? Also what was they’re resolution or next steps after you finally got in contact with them? Did they offer you a V3 battery? I’ve contacted them asking if the V3 internals were updated and different from the Module internals however have not heard back. Anyone else heard anything?

Ski
I’ve still heard absolutely nothing. No response in any way, shape, form, or fashion since I had to wait for their homepage chat box to open to tell them I experienced a major issue and they acknowledged that other beta testers had said there was an issue. That was days after I sent them an email the moment the code first appeared and heard nothing back.

The error I got on 3/22 was the same battery code, but this time the car went into limp mode as well and turned off all everything but the essentials for it to move. Even the turn signal chimes didn’t work until I took the battery out.

At this point, they can have their beta battery back and issue a refund if they truly “stand behind their battery”. Their battery originally started throwing codes the day after I purchased it and I offered to help them in their beta program, but this lack of communication is atrocious.

Does this Sean person have a direct email?

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Can anyone confirm what error they were getting? I still have the V2 battery and occasionally see this in my Service/Notifications: VCFront_a180 (Electrical system power reduced - Vehicle may shut down unexpectedly).

It's always at a time that I wasn't in the car. This one was 9:43pm. Wasn't even plugged in and charging either.

I have yet to see an alert pop up while being in the car or driving it. So maybe this is like one of those silent errors that you have to go looking for.

Can anyone confirm what error they were getting? I still have the V2 battery and occasionally see this in my Service/Notifications: VCFront_a180 (Electrical system power reduced - Vehicle may shut down unexpectedly).

It's always at a time that I wasn't in the car. This one was 9:43pm. Wasn't even plugged in and charging either.

I have yet to see an alert pop up while being in the car or driving it. So maybe this is like one of those silent errors that you have to go looking for.
I think that was one of the messages that I was receiving, but I also had a message/alert that was constantly displayed on the leftside of the screen, underneath where the model of your car is.

When getting the messages, I was unable to use summon. I can check if there is a history of messages on the car now.

Reactions: Dysan911