TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Longer test drives coming soon

Discussion in 'Model S' started by iridium, Aug 9, 2012.

1. iridium

iridium Member

Yesterday I dropped by the Bellevue store and in chatting with the rep found out they are going to start having test drives from Bellevue Square. He described them as a "more traditional" test drive, lasting about 30 minutes with various routes around Bellevue. No commitment on timing, but would be great to get some more time behind the wheel!

2. hvb

hvb Member

That's really exciting to hear. Can't wait!

3. JRod0802

JRod0802 Member

Do you know if it will just be for reservation holders, or will anyone be able to test drive?

4. Mike_Schlechter

Mike_Schlechter Model S - P457

More than length of time, I'd like to see the reservation holders plus one get a test drive before the general populace. My wife was pretty pissed off that she didn't get to drive. We have had our reservation since the early days after the Model S launch, and the money is as much hers as it is mine, so denying her a test drive didn't "make her smile."

5. contaygious

contaygious Active Member

Yeah i put down a deposit just so my wife can drive this Sunday as well as me :). I'll take it back right after though hehe

6. hvb

hvb Member

I remember hearing that reservation holders would get first priority for these longer test drives. And then the general public would have an opportunity.

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Old news, but glad to hear it semi-confirmed via repetition...