Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longest Trip WITHOUT Seeing a Model S or Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I take my long road trips, I've gotten used to seeing some sort of Tesla (usually a Model S) every 1000 miles or so. I just got back a few days ago, taking a trip that started in Ann Arbor, MI, went down the entire length of I-94 through Chicago, Minneapolis, and on to Billings, MT, taking I-90 to I-15 to Salt Lake City. I then took I-84 through Boise, ending up in Portland, took I-5 up to Vancouver, stopping in Portland and Seattle. I took the Trans-Canada Highway to International Falls, MN, stopping in Calgary, Regina, and Winnipeg, before returning home via US-53, US-2, M-28, a bit more US-2, and then finally I-75 and US-23. Even stopping in three supercharger parking lots, I did not see a Tesla the entire trip of about 6500 miles!

Considering that a good chunk of this trip was along the supercharger highway, and I spent time in a lot of major cities, I'm wondering if this is some sort of oddball record in the modern Tesla era?

(From some forum posts, it does appear I was running about 30-60 minutes behind a Model S owner who was driving through WI at the time, but that was a close as it got!)

I took a roadtrip back in May from my home in Colorado Springs to Knoxville, TN. 1300 miles one direction. My route was Hwy 94 out of CS to highway 40 to I-70, overnight stay in Kansas City, MO with some relatives, on to St. Louis, then down I-64 to I-57 to I-24 to Nashville, then I-40 out to Knoxville. Reverse that for the way home.

I did not see a single Tesla the whole trip, and yes, I was watching for them. Probably didn't help that this was before the superchargers on I-70 east of Denver weren't up yet. I've only ever seen 2 Teslas in the wild; one was up in Denver a couple of months ago, the other was about 5 miles from home here in Colorado Springs yesterday.