Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Look what I found in my back seat after a service visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was at the SC for over a week to fix a ding the SC made after a service visit - to update software.

So I picked up the car two days ago and didn’t really check over the inside since it was in there for body damage.

This is what was in the car. Unbelievable.

My car was also returned filthy. I think they were using it for storage.

Attachments

• 64A7E5B0-0B0A-45C9-A9A6-ADE8F9770223.jpeg
    64A7E5B0-0B0A-45C9-A9A6-ADE8F9770223.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
  • 130BB31B-F964-453E-BDDB-227586CC6C8A.jpeg
    130BB31B-F964-453E-BDDB-227586CC6C8A.jpeg
    974.2 KB · Views: 137
Just slightly over 3000 miles. Same as when I dropped off.

I just feel bad for whoever those parts are for. We are leaving town tomorrow so I don’t have time to take them back to the service center so I left them with my wrap guy.
So...he is going to write and perform a song relating to this? Oh, w-r-a-p guy! So he is going to change the color of the parts before you give them back to Tesla and really confuse them...:)
P.S. I've discovered better things in my backseat.o_O:eek::oops::D

Reactions: 1375mlm
So...he is going to write and perform a song relating to this? Oh, w-r-a-p guy! So he is going to change the color of the parts before you give them back to Tesla and really confuse them...:)
P.S. I've discovered better things in my backseat.o_O:eek::oops::D

No, my wrap guy has another client whose car is at the SC so he may drop by there before I get back into town in January.

This other client took his brand new X to the service center after getting it wrapped. The SC backed the car into a pole. Will take 3 months to fix. Impossible to fix into brand new condition.

The client is trying to decide whether it is worth waiting 3 months for the car to be repaired or whether he should just ask for another new car and the cost of getting that car wrapped.

The SC dinged my car which was why it was there, and they left all these model X parts in the back seats. Could have been way worse.

I don’t understand how the SC could have backed a Tesla into a pole with the backup camera and all the nagging the car does when you get within 2 ft of anything. So careless.

Reactions: 1375mlm
I’ve got another one. Back when I owned a BMW, took it to a well regarded local Indy shop. A week after getting the car back, had some reason to pop the hood and found the shops cordless phone sitting on top of the engine. Took it back, and thought we’d have a good laugh, but the shop owner just glared at me as if I had intentionally taken his phone. Needless to say, I didn’t ever go back.

• Funny
Reactions: Tic-tac-toe