Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lookin at Tesla roadsters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck and the number(s) are HIGHLY variable. I have had my Roadster for 7.5 years and have had no issues keeping it running. Early while under warranty the accelerator pedal was throwing errors causing the car to shut down. The Rangers did a great job and solved the issue by replacing the rear wiring harness under warranty. Then out of warranty the high voltage controller went out and was a $1100 repair. So not crazy but it did have to go to the service center. One other issue was the TPMS sensors needed repaired. We should be able to do that ourselves. And I have learned we can do that on the 1.5 Roadsters. I have started to do all my other maintenance. Fortunately there is a great group here and I have great hope we will keep these cars on the road.

In buying one it depends on what you are looking for. If you do not have plans to get the 3.0 battery then you want to check the ideal miles on a standard charge. More is better, 185 miles is basically a new battery. Mine after 9.5 years and 44,500 miles charges to 166 miles. I would look at Tom's owners battery study for all the details. Battery Survey « Plug In America

Reactions: Mark77a
I newly bought a Roadster Sport 2.0 2010 in Norway. 35 000 km, CAC between 152-154 Ah (160 is perfect/new), standard charges between 293-298 km. Considering these values I believe you should look for Roadsters from cold climates, which are basically new after 7 years.

Reactions: Mark77a
Good luck and the number(s) are HIGHLY variable. I have had my Roadster for 7.5 years and have had no issues keeping it running. Early while under warranty the accelerator pedal was throwing errors causing the car to shut down. The Rangers did a great job and solved the issue by replacing the rear wiring harness under warranty. Then out of warranty the high voltage controller went out and was a $1100 repair. So not crazy but it did have to go to the service center. One other issue was the TPMS sensors needed repaired. We should be able to do that ourselves. And I have learned we can do that on the 1.5 Roadsters. I have started to do all my other maintenance. Fortunately there is a great group here and I have great hope we will keep these cars on the road.

In buying one it depends on what you are looking for. If you do not have plans to get the 3.0 battery then you want to check the ideal miles on a standard charge. More is better, 185 miles is basically a new battery. Mine after 9.5 years and 44,500 miles charges to 166 miles. I would look at Tom's owners battery study for all the details. Battery Survey « Plug In America

Cool tha

thats. A very good study! Thanks!