Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking around for a replacement Wireless Charger Pad (Dual iPhones)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

My wife has been complaining since we got our MY that the wireless charging pad doesn't work with her iPhone 12 mini. I quickly figured out the issue was the phone's size made it so that the coils didn't line up, and found workaround solutions just sticking something underneath the phone to prop it up. That sort of works sometimes but disengages charging at the slightest jostle. I didn't find out until today that there are a lot of replacement pads out there that look like they will help us with our issue, which is exciting.

I also have a new phone coming soon (13 pro max) so my first inclination was to see if there were any magsafe compatible replacements with the idea being it would help keep her phone in place for charging. I'd also seen mixed results on here about how well the 12 pro max fits for charging in the stock charger (For reference we have a 2021 MY).

I saw the Jeda V4 and thought I'd found our solution, but reading around on here it seems like there are issues with it (subpar customer service, very thin/cheap top material being the two big ones). Are there other suggestions out there you guys are think worth looking into? Thank you all for the help in advance!

Got a 13 pro max for both me and my wife coming in a few weeks. Please let us know what you find!
Will do!

I have the same problem with my mini and I've just gone back to plugging in for charging if I desperately need it - it's faster anyway.
Yeah, definitely agree it will always be faster, but we've also come to like the convenience. When we're in the car it's not really like we're trying to charge a near dead phone or worried about it getting as full as possible. It's more a convenience feature that's nice: You get a spot to put your phone where it's still visible/safe, and it charges it to boot.

Reactions: Drax