Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at a 2016 P90 w/ High Fidelity Sound. They killed that option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks

I just found a 2016 P90D Model X with 14k miles on it for $83,995. It looks loaded with High Fidelity Sound which is an important option to me UNLESS it is now standard on a brand new 100D. What's the status on that?

New 100D would be $115k and I would only get the Federal tax rebate of $3750. The P90D has leather too but I hear the fake leather is better?

I don't need high performance. Frankly this 2016 has 22" wheels that I might trade out.

Thanks for the advice! This 2016 is an in service date of 5/16.

The premium sound (previously known as ultra high fidelity sound, and studio sound before that) was integrated into the premium package a while back and became standard a few months ago.

Also, the premium faux-leather is standard now as well. Yes, it’s as good as or better than the old Nappa Leather.

So for clarity any new model X has the 11 speaker system with the 8" sub?

Thanks! You've owned a few Tesla's. Is a 2016 maybe a mistake? I'm trying to figure out the "windshield ghosting" people mention.

Yes, any new or recent Model X comes standard with premium sound which has 17 speakers including a sub.

I have an early 2016 X and it’s been great. No ghosting issue on mine. That said, I wish I had the extra range of the 100kWh battery so I might upgrade eventually.

...Is a 2016 maybe a mistake?..

um in my case yes, it's a mistake. buy as new as you can afford as more bugs will have been sorted out and you may even get newer hardware for a better eventual self drive experience.

my car is a serial # just before 7000 and i've had door motors replaced, latches replaced, trim fixed, FWD rubbing down to the metal and repaired, key fob issues, rear tail lights replaced twice, drive axles replaced twice, etc...it's been in service for a combined total of a few weeks and if you ever wreck it forget it, the wait is forever on some parts.

my mileage on the car is almost 25K

Reactions: P85_DA
Hi folks

I just found a 2016 P90D Model X with 14k miles on it for $83,995. It looks loaded with High Fidelity Sound which is an important option to me UNLESS it is now standard on a brand new 100D. What's the status on that?

New 100D would be $115k and I would only get the Federal tax rebate of $3750. The P90D has leather too but I hear the fake leather is better?

You should price it again from scratch. The X100D has dropped in price quite a bit in recent weeks. It USED to cost around 115k, now that same car would only be around 105 (roughly).

• Model X 100D$97,000
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat$2,000
  • 20" Sonic Carbon Wheels$2,000
  • Black and White Premium Interior$1,500
  • Dark Ash Wood DécorIncluded
  • Dark HeadlinerIncluded
  • Six Seat Interior$6,000
  • Enhanced Autopilot$5,000
  • Purchase Price$113,500
  • Tax $9931.25
  • $123,431.25
  • Federal tax credit $3750
  • Net $119,681.25 and maybe delivery too
I can't get the California rebate due to exceeding the income requirements.

2016 P90 same seating. 14k miles.
$83,999
License $250
Tax $7,349.91

Net $91598.91

$28,082.34 difference.

Tough one.

If you plan to do road trips, the 22” wheels are about 15% less efficient, meaning your P90D 250 miles range is more like 212 miles.

Save $2000 by getting the silver wheels. You can always powdercoat them yourself for about $150-$200 per wheel.

Save $3000 by getting the 7 seat interior especially if you usually carry 5 passengers or less.

What is the REAL mileage difference between an P90 w/ 22" wheels and an standard 100 with20"?
Anybody know?
Thanks!

You might want to spend some time with abetterrouteplanner.com. It allows you to configure specific model cars. The X100D will include 20 inch wheels (the P models will use 22). You can run various sample trips and get an idea. It works better of course, if you can allow the tool to log on to your car. But the assumptions should be reasonably close.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. I bought it last nigh with a 7 day free return option, so we can try it out a couple days. My wife loves it, but I can afford a new one so it may go back.

It was originally from Colorado and never had the California HOV sticker and I'm trying to figure out if we can simply pay the fee to get one. I may have to post that as a separate question after I research here more.

I'm a car guy and my personal cars are hardly green. I have to say I love not just the car, but the idea of the car, the company, and the founder Elon Musk. It's exciting to support it (for me).