TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

looking at getting sport pedals- ebay seller?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by meomyo, Jun 19, 2018.

1. phaphaphooey

phaphaphooey Member

Curious about this as well but I already have the sport pedals and am just looking at an aluminum footrest to round it out. Seems like all of them on eBay are identical just about.

2. meomyo

meomyo Member

i think the dead pedal is just stuck to the carpet with some mega sticky take on the back of the pedal. Have the tesla rubber floormats so the dead pedal area is somewhat covered by the matt. the set of pedals without the dead pedal seem better quality from the pics with the rubber x on the brake pedal cover.

3. morepower

morepower Member

#5 morepower, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    I can tell you first hand about them. I purchased them about a month ago from a seller in the US so shipping wouldn't take so long. It was a few dollars more but arrived in about 4 days. They are almost like oem. The only difference is that the rubber is a little more pliable then the oem. I also had to file down a burr on the brake pedal on one of the edges. Took about a minute to remove. I was able to compare since I had a Model X P90D loaner a few weeks ago so was able to take a close look at the oem to what I had just installed a few days prior. I can only assume the rubber will wear out a bit faster since it's softer but other than that they are very similar.

The dead pedal that I have didn't come as a set with the pedals but was from a separate seller. It was more expensive and very well made. See photo below. The edge on the right rolls over the carpet and is polished while the rest is satin . A very nice touch but I can see it will scratch over time as I see a few already on the bottom right. I only wish it was about a half inch wider so it covered the carpet that is exposed on the left. I believe it was originally meant to cover the plastic dead pedal on older cars which I am sure it would have completely.

Link to pedals I purchased.

Link to Dead pedal. Seller also sells the same on Amazon for a little less but after adding in Sales Tax it ended up more so I ordered from his ebay store.

No movement on any of them so I think they will stay without any problems. I tried to add a photo but I think somethings wonky with attaching photos at the moment.

4. meomyo

meomyo Member

5. morepower

morepower Member

@meomyo ,

I was thinking about getting the ones that you linked from amazon also but ultimately I decided I wanted as close to oem look as possible without paying the oem price. It looks like I am now able to insert a photo so you can see what I purchased. The dead pedal is stainless steel and the pedals are cast aluminum.

IMG_20180619_194134.jpg

• Informative x 1
  6. Trebek1762

Trebek1762 Let's play jeopardy

7. wilmaya

wilmaya Member

8. Trebek1762

Trebek1762 Let's play jeopardy

Since early May. They've held up great. They sure look and feel like aluminum. I preferred these with the 3 rubber things as opposed to the topfit with 5 since the 3 is the OEM look. Also came with a bonus keychain and fob holder.

Accelerator goes on without a problem. Brake one took a few more minutes.

Edit: i just realized the price has dropped 6 bucks since I bought it. Totally worth 31 bucks

• Informative x 1
  9. wilmaya

wilmaya Member

Thanks! I will order a set.

10. timvracer

timvracer Member

The customer reviews on the Amazon link indicate they are painted plastic.

11. wilmaya

wilmaya Member

I received the pedals yesterday and even though they might look like plastic they are not. They are stamped aluminum with a texture. Non metallic since a magnet will not stick to it. Let's see how they hold up.

Attached Files:

12. meomyo

meomyo Member

So if a magnet sticks to them it's aluminum?

13. wilmaya

wilmaya Member

[QUOTE="meomyo, post: 2828260, member: 68A

A magnet will not stick to Aluminum or Plastic. If these were stamped steel a magnet would stick to them.

14. meomyo

meomyo Member

15. meomyo

meomyo Member

That dead pedal at $70 is rather alot

16. morepower

morepower Member

In comparison to the price I payed for my Tesla it's peanuts :)....but in all seriousness the dead pedal is very nicely made.