Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at installing Powerwall system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@sorka - what was the harm in including the car charger in your Powerwall backup? You could choose not to use it except in an absolute emergency.

When designing my 2 Powerwalls system, Tesla made me choose between backing up a 40A oven or a 40A cooktop, since I have separate oven and cooktop appliances. They wouldn't backup both. I hadn't expected that.

When they did the design, I did not have a Tesla wall charger. Now, I do. I have requested them to include the wall charger to the Powerwall backup when they install them next month. Waiting to hear back on that.

Hope there will not be an issue with that. As per Tesla website, 2 Powerwall system is supposed to support EV charging. Has anyone else had an issue getting backup for Tesla wall charger with 2 Powerwalls?
Guess I do not understand what is going on. With my design, I am doing entire house. Never been a question on how much stuff I have, even though things listed. I am smart enough to not use high current things when my house is down. I would also be able to see the state of the battery charge and maybe even have to use less stuff. With that said, I have heard about plenty of folks who thinks batteries will allow them to use their house like the grid is on, forever basically.

Tesla was pushing for 3 powerwalls when they thought I had an AC at my house. When I told them I did not, they said 2 powerwalls would be sufficient. What happens if I decide to install an AC next summer? Would I have to contact Tesla to make modifications?