Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at Model X 75D - Syd-New range question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
417km is rated range, You will never get that (unless you are on the back of a tow truck)
Typical range after 80000km is 295km

Stock typical range on a X75D is only 325km new.

Attached is my battery history for my X75D after 86000km

upload_2020-6-19_16-54-43.png

• Informative
Reactions: LDCRS and ARMARM
295kms per day is a beautiful set of numbers to get value from the car, make it work even if you need to scrounge some 10amp "desperation" charging at your workplace for 2-3 hours.
You also have the Central coast supercharger if range gets a bit low on the occasional trip.

Thanks for the replies. Disappointing that the range on the site and reality is so far out of whack.
That 409km range is based on NEDC testing standards. We all joke it stands for “not even damn close”

How accurate is the ABRP site?
I find it’s 99% accurate in normal driving conditions. And about 90% when pissing down with rain

Reactions: ARMARM
Hi all,

Looking at picking up a second hand X 75 and have a quick question - I'm a daily commuter from Newcastle to Sydney (around 295km round trip) daily; is the 417km "range" going to work for me?

Thanks in advance!
Problem is you will need to completely fill and almost completely discharge your battery every day. Neither of those events will help your battery longevity

Reactions: 360C
Our X75D says we will get 285km - 290km at 90% (we have 22 inch wheels) but often we only actually get 260km's in real world driving and the Watts per km is at 280-320! Seriously sometimes it is as 320-340!

Now, my wife drives like a grandma so I am dumbfounded as to why the watts per km is so high....how is everyone else's watt per km going?

I am disappointed with the range on our X75D, we got told 417km's and as an existing Tesla owner I knew that would be about 360km (well, thought)....which at 90% is about 325km (with 22inch wheels about 298km’s).

So in the end I am getting about 15% less than I should, I think.

So I am:
  1. Taking 8% off due to 22inch wheels
  2. 10% off of the 417km figure as charging to only 90%
  3. Taking 20% off the 417km figure, as that is closer to real work range than Tesla's advertised range
Anyone got a similar experience?

On my old S (70, not dual motor) I would get real world drive of about 330km's charged to 100% and that had 21inch staggered wheels and whilst I didn't drive it like I stole it it was defiantly driven harder than the X.

Last edited:
209 Wh/km 2019 Model S 75D over 20k ODO. Driving everyday like it’s stolen with a massive smile on my face. It used to be under 200 pre C19 since we did more open road trips and city driving sees consumption in 300s. But I win every set of lights by a long margin

Why the big difference here? @WozX like myself and @Fantomsss

We drive extremely grandma'ish but yet @Fantomsss gives it more stick....

What gives?

Edit:
Oh....that is a Model S that @Fantomsss has....completely different ball game.

My old Model S I would get around 180 and my new Model 3P I get around 155....the Model X is the issue....

I understand the S/3 is far more efficient however these X's do not seem to get anywhere near the advertised km's around town....