Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at my first 2015 Tesla P85D but only 376km range @ 108km?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, apologies if this is a simple question, been searching a lot but haven't found anything definitive.

I am looking at purchasing a 2015 P85D with 21" turbine wheels. The car has done 108,000 KM (not miles) and the car range when I viewed it was 376km. This seems quite low to me? The owner said the battery had been replaced before by Tesla? Am I right in thinking the original range was over 450km? This would imply an 18% drop. Is this not very high for a car which has done so few KM? Or am I being unreasonable? I am happy with the range, but would be worried driving longer distances hours to Munich/Milan/Monaco every now and then if the range was to drop significantly further.

Any thoughts on the matter? The battery is still under warranty until mid 2023. Due to where my flat is located, I will be using the nearby supercharger to charge the car (It has unlimited free supercharging apparently which is a nice bonus).

Thanks for the help!

Hello, apologies if this is a simple question, been searching a lot but haven't found anything definitive.

I am looking at purchasing a 2015 P85D with 21" turbine wheels. The car has done 108,000 KM (not miles) and the car range when I viewed it was 376km. This seems quite low to me? The owner said the battery had been replaced before by Tesla? Am I right in thinking the original range was over 450km? This would imply an 18% drop. Is this not very high for a car which has done so few KM? Or am I being unreasonable? I am happy with the range, but would be worried driving longer distances hours to Munich/Milan/Monaco every now and then if the range was to drop significantly further.

Any thoughts on the matter? The battery is still under warranty until mid 2023. Due to where my flat is located, I will be using the nearby supercharger to charge the car (It has unlimited free supercharging apparently which is a nice bonus).

Thanks for the help!
Hi there, my 2015 P85D with 93 000 km gets 390Km when charged at 100% (it was around 410 km when new)
I would not worry if you have a bit more degradation, this car is a true rocket 🚀 and a blast to drive!! Cheers from Canada 🇨🇦

Hi there, my 2015 P85D with 93 000 km gets 390Km when charged at 100% (it was around 410 km when new)
I would not worry if you have a bit more degradation, this car is a true rocket 🚀 and a blast to drive!! Cheers from Canada 🇨🇦
Cheers thanks for that comment, makes me feel slightly better. I am doing a walkaround and review of the car later this week. Anything that I should look out for or test? Owner seems very pleasant but quite ignorant as they had it from new as a 3rd car and don't think they "know" much about it. Alloys are scuffed a bit (but 8 of them for winter) but overall seems good condition inside and out.

If you really want to geek out, then there are several 'what to look for when buying a Tesla' which will mention door handles, MCU etc. all trivial stuff that can be fixed fairly cheap.

Having owned a P85D since mar/15 and done 180.000 km, I would look for the following; check battery part number (it is properly a refurbished) and then the replacement fact has next to zero extra value in my book. I had my battery replaced and won the 'battery lottery' with a new 90 kWh and now have 440 km @ 100% charge.

Then I would check if front and rear suspension toe links, control arms etc. have been changed, if not, they are must likely due. I would ask to do a 'launch control' launch and feel if there is any vibration from the front drive shafts.

I would also check air suspension and hear for any noises from the motors. Battery and motors are still under warranty, but not for long.

Last edited: