Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at Sentry footage sooo slow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a PureTesla USB drive for Dashcam/Sentry. But it's painfully slow to watch any of the footage in the car. It takes upwards of 2 to 5 minutes just to load the window, and then even longer to load the video.

Does getting an SSD rather than using the USB thumb drive solve this problem?

I have a PureTesla USB drive for Dashcam/Sentry. But it's painfully slow to watch any of the footage in the car. It takes upwards of 2 to 5 minutes just to load the window, and then even longer to load the video.

Does getting an SSD rather than using the USB thumb drive solve this problem?
That doesn’t seem right. I use a fairly pedestrian usb stick and the videos load right away. How old is your usb drive?

OK, I realized today that the Dashcam Icon was no longer visible. Tapping on my Sentry alerts did nothing. I tried to format the USB drive from the car menu, but all I got was the Dashcam Icon with a gray "X" on it, and then it would go away. I pulled the USB drive out, which now I remember, is just an adapter to the microSD.

I brought it back home and tried to plug it into my computer, but it didn't show at all. I used a different adapter (microSD to SD) and that didn't work either. Like the card wouldn't register as a plugged in drive.

I tried a handful of times, then I switched to the SD adapter again, and it showed up! I reformatted it, and now it's back in the car, and it's all working again.

Super strange. Maybe the microSD card is failling?