Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at the used market for a Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't they deliver? Seems "normal" to me in the user-car auto trade, they take trade ins from brands they don't personally support and often just transfer them to another dealer that does handle that Marque (normally they shift them with something like CarToTrade). Unless they have a buyer locally they'll find a way to get it to you :)

tbh I'd have no problem flying up there and driving it home but it's the commitment to go up there to check before pushing the button. It's also over our budget - a bit! D Delivery is £1/mile so around £250

you can use the app on its own but you must have Internet access

I've done that ... Wife had car, I went in other car, she was in meeting (I did not have my Tesla key with me Doh!) just used the APP to "nick" the car (and left her the keys to the other ... rubbish Old Tech with no Phone App, how useless is that? :) )

I've done remote open, disable Valet mode (when remote person wanted to get into Frunk), and Bjorn has a video of a user parked at Airport and with unexplained, huge, battery loss ... Bjorn rocked up, owner unlocked car, Bjorn got in, owner remote-started car, Bjorn drove to a charger and plugged it in for him :)

I drop these sorts of stories (ambiguously for whether it might have been me :rolleyes:) into dinner party conversations ... until my Fossil Polluting friends wake up and smell the coffee ...

• Funny
Reactions: vitesse
Well, I'm now in that horrible no-man's land of being focused on what looks like a great deal and not wanting to miss out but with the caveats of it being far away and whether we should exceed our budget. I think we should move quickly, but ths is really my wife's final say, so decisions to make tonight :D I've already checked flights for Glasgow!

I bought a two year old 90D privately (via Autotrader), with 28K miles and therefore, still under warranty. I found that, whilst some options hike the price (e.g. autopilot, Performance), others have little or no effect on the secondhand price (e.g. premium sound, the fancy seats package, etc.).
Note that cars registered after about April 2017 are subject to the luxury car tax of £10 per year, for five years, starting in the second year. At around the same time, Tesla changed the deal as regard free supercharging - acar bought before this typically comes with free supercharging, that stays with the car, regardless who owns it.

• Helpful
Reactions: vitesse
Hey Vitesse,

Make sure you fully check for AP and everything else the dealer claims the car has. I had two big dealers who claims the car had things it did not. The truth is they don't know themselves. One dealer was adamant the car had "enhanced" autopilot when it did not.

If you get the last 6 digits of the vin your local dealer will be able to check the warranty, mileage and any faults.

Reactions: DJP31