TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking back on May 8, 2013

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by DaveT, May 5, 2014.

1. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

It's almost been a year since Tesla reported blowout Q1 2013 earnings on May 8, 2013.

(May 8 stock price closed at $55.79, May 9th at $69.40, May 10th at $76.76 and May 13th at $87.80)

Lots has happened since and its hard to believe it's been only a year. Congrats everyone.

2. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

True true. I hope for an encore presentation. I really wish I had bought options then, but was way too scared.

3. EnergyMax

EnergyMax Member

Yep. A quick year indeed. I have a fair chunk of shares turning to long term holdings this weekend. No intention of selling for many years, if ever.

4. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Ah, good times. How far we've come in a year. Happy TSLAversary everyone.

5. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

That was an amazing year and even more amazing experience. I still pinch myself to check if this is just a dream.:cool:

6. Benz

Benz Active Member

That was really great.

It was like seeing a baby getting up on both feet and then start to walk on its own. That's how I am going to remember those days.

It will not take long before the baby is going to walk faster and faster.

That makes me feel very good.

Cheers

7. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

I think this baby is growing wings and will fly soon:biggrin:

8. Benz

Benz Active Member

Well, then this baby must be an angel.

:smile:

9. uselesslogin

uselesslogin Enthusiast

LOL, I had 100 shares because I thought I ought to invest in a brighter future even if it is a risky investment. It wasn't until I watched the value of the 100 shares double and then triple from where I bought in that I had found this forum and read the research here. As soon as I realized exactly how great of a stock this is I put a substantial amount more in. It is still early I think, few people understand the advantages Tesla has. I just had a discussion with a co-worker who doesn't understand how the bigger car companies won't just come in and make competitors. Our 52 week low today is $55.12 so if things don't go our way this quarter remember to look at the 52 week low.