TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for 85, black on black, fall of 2015 - what to look for

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by SabrToothSqrl, Dec 29, 2014.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

So, I have to have a few things fall into place (selling a few other toys) to afford a USED 85.

It MUST be an 85, must be 2013+, black on black, and must have the tech package and sound package. I could leave the rest. Ok maybe the fog lights.
    I'd take Dual Chargers, but not required.

I'm trying to get in around $65-70,000 I know that's a bit of an ask at the moment. Most Private sales are around $70 and "dealer" are $75

Anyway, I'm noticing many that don't have a "85" or "60" on the back end... why is that and what model is it?

Is there any quick way to tell if it has the tech package?

Because I can essentially "drive it home free" and with the price tag, I'm willing to fly out and drive it home.

So, I need to know what to ask/look for when I'm 1500 miles away from the seller.

Also, any feedback on what to look out for, known issues, etc.

I've read on here, to become buddies w/the local sales guy for "inventory" cars as well. I'm open to that, but only at the right price.

Thanks!

Can't wait to be a Tesla Owner!

Also, on this forum, it's really hard to see which threads still have vehicles for sales... just sayin'

2. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Well, thus far, I've found two of them.

Does anyone know CA to PA registration law?

This dealer is telling me that to buy one (used) from them, I HAVE to pay CA tax to buy it there and drive it home. but if I ship it to PA, I don't have to pay CA tax.

In PA, you pay 6% on the sale price (minus trade in) when you register the vehicle.... which when at a dealer, is usually then and there.

I'm NOT paying CA AND PA tax... that's just.. idiotic.

If I buy from a private seller, obviously there's no tax in whatever state I buy it in, then when I get to PA I pay the 6%.

I'm looking nation wide because I can fly out and esentially drive the car home free...

I've bought out of state before, but only from private sellers. MUCH easier to deal with.

Dealer fee this and that... NO, the price is the price, you get nothing added...

i loathe dealers, and obviously Tesla feels the same way.