TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for a good tint shop in the SF area

Discussion in 'California' started by maverick, Jul 15, 2013.

1. maverick

maverick Member

I'm looking at tinting all my windows. Does anyone know of a good tint shop in the Bay/SF Area?

2. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

Do a search for "tint" in the title. You'll find several existing threads on this topic with recommendations for shops in the SF Bay Area.

3. strider

strider Active Member

4. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I didn't get tint but after getting paint protective film from Premiere and seeing the work that others have had done at other places, I wouldn't trust my Model S to anyone but Premiere. They do tint and I expect that they would pay the same attention to detail on tint as they do on paint armor.

At Teslive, I checked out jobs done by two other local shops. One left a razor mark on the bumper, the other doesn't wrap the film around the edges.

They did my Model S before the accident and I'm going back to them with the new car. Expensive but worth the cost IMO.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/premier-protective-films-international-fremont

5. Calisun

Calisun Member

I got paint protective film from Premiere on my last car and got my Tesla tinted there, they are the best. The window tinting they use is extremely high quality and has high IR blocking even at lighter tints.

6. maverick

maverick Member

Thanks everyone! I will give them a call.

7. lloyds

lloyds Member

Get Photosync. If I'm not mistaken Premier is the only company that carries this tint. Their work is impeccable and I do not see any gaps on the edge between the tint and glass. Checked out their demo in person where they had tints from other companies and the heat resistance result's are nothing short of phenomenal. Highly rec

- - - Updated - - -

GasDoc, did we meet @ Teslive? Because I met a gentleman venting about the razor marks on his bumper as well, was that you?

8. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I wasn't the one venting about razor cuts because I didn't get any.

9. lloyds

lloyds Member

Sorry. What I meant to say were you there when I was talking to the gentleman who was venting because there were 2 others around when we were talking to him about it.