Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a GSM antenna for my 2.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have an old GSM antenna, or can recommend a source to buy one?

I have damaged my antenna, while attempting to R&R the radio. The antenna is only a PCB in a case, with the coax soldered to it. A replacement PCB is all I would need, I can easily solder the replacement.

Fabricating a new PCB would be a little more challenging.

The antenna wire is too intertwined in the dash harnesses to attempt to un-thread it for replacement.

Kimg0051.jpg

Given that the old GSM network has been pretty much shut down across the continent, why replace it? Even if you do have a working radio, and if you're actually near a working GSM cell site, I don't think Tesla has the ability to access it anymore. At least, that's what the local SC told me about a year ago.

Reactions: scotty2541
Given that the old GSM network has been pretty much shut down across the continent, why replace it? Even if you do have a working radio, and if you're actually near a working GSM cell site, I don't think Tesla has the ability to access it anymore. At least, that's what the local SC told me about a year ago.

Thanks. I also heard that from another user. So I'll just clip it.