Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a kind Model 3 owner in Lubbock, TX area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a day 1 reservation holder for Model 3. I have received my invitation to configure, but I am having a hard time pulling the trigger to spend $50,000+ on a vehicle that I haven't test driven. I'm in Lubbock, TX and I'm looking for a kind Model 3 owner in the area that will allow me to test drive his/her Model 3 so I can judge the quietness/smoothness of the ride and to get a feel for AP, if possible. I have gone to the Southlake, TX store to sit in the vehicle, but I need to drive it and ride in it. I would like for the owner to accompany me on the test drive and I would be happy to spring for a burger afterwards to discuss the owner's impressions of the vehicle.

Please PM me if you can help.
Thanks

I am a day 1 reservation holder for Model 3. I have received my invitation to configure, but I am having a hard time pulling the trigger to spend $50,000+ on a vehicle that I haven't test driven. I'm in Lubbock, TX and I'm looking for a kind Model 3 owner in the area that will allow me to test drive his/her Model 3 so I can judge the quietness/smoothness of the ride and to get a feel for AP, if possible. I have gone to the Southlake, TX store to sit in the vehicle, but I need to drive it and ride in it. I would like for the owner to accompany me on the test drive and I would be happy to spring for a burger afterwards to discuss the owner's impressions of the vehicle.

Please PM me if you can help.
Thanks
Just test drove the M3 yesterday and placed an order for the AWD right after. Felt the same way you did but if you test drive it you will buy it. Had absolutely no complaints. EAP was butter smooth. Drive was very comfortable and handling smooth. Definitely do a test drive though and I’m sure you’ll be convinced like I was. You may also want to call the nearest store to ask about the test drives. I had previously signed up online (for a test drive) but got quicker response by contacting the store near me.

Thanks for your reply. You're probably right. If the test drive goes as I expect, I will place my order. I don't have a store anywhere near that offers test drives. The store in Southlake, TX is 300 miles from me and that is the closest. They do not offer test drives at this point.

I would be happy to spring for a burger afterwards to discuss the owner's impressions of the vehicle.
I'm reminded of a social psychology experiment:

Participants signed up for what turned out to be copying names from a phonebook. Those paid pennies for their participation saw the silver lining while those paid much more uniformly called the work a drag.

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
You might try also posting in this forum: Texas

I don't know if there is anyone active on the boards out that way, though.

P.S. I found in my test drive Sunday that it very much lived up to the hype. But of course that isn't the same as trying it yourself. Good luck.

Times sure have changed quickly in the two years since I stopped being the only Tesla in Lubbock! I bet there's probably near a dozen of S, X, and 3s in town now. You guys don't have to deal with everyone knowing whenever you go out because they saw your car parked somewhere, haha.