Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a little help with panel hook up.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everybody,

I'm grateful to be a member of the Community, thank you so much for your pleasure and knowledge in helping Tesla drivers
around the world. OK ...here goes: install 40 amp breaker .8 gauge wire. and 50 amp receptacle. The max output will be
32 amps @ 7.7kw charge rate should be 48kph .Thoughts anyone?

It would help if you would enter something clearer than "nb" as your location. I'm guessing you're in Canada, based on what you posted, so that sounds fine. Use a 14-50 receptacle (or 6-50 if you prefer). People will have all kinds of suggestions to do more, but you don't need to.

You could go up to 6ga wire and a 50a breaker, but you wouldn't charge any faster.

You could go still bigger and install a wall connector on a 60a (or even bigger) circuit, but if you have an SR, you STILL wouldn't charge any faster.

Reactions: Fiddler
It would help if you would enter something clearer than "nb" as your location. I'm guessing you're in Canada, based on what you posted, so that sounds fine. Use a 14-50 receptacle (or 6-50 if you prefer). People will have all kinds of suggestions to do more, but you don't need to.

You could go up to 6ga wire and a 50a breaker, but you wouldn't charge any faster.

You could go still bigger and install a wall connector on a 60a (or even bigger) circuit, but if you have an SR, you STILL wouldn't charge any faster.
Thanks for the confirmation Dave ."nb" fixed:confused: