TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for a new interior

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by josh-io, Sep 3, 2016.

1. josh-io

josh-io Member

I have a tan interior on my 2008 Roadster, and I'm looking for black or black/yellow. Is anyone selling seats/door panels? Or would anyone like to trade interiors? :)
    IMG_0031.JPG

2. DRM

DRM Roadster #619

I had Al&Eds completely redo mine about two years ago. It wasn't cheap, but well worth it.
    //dan.

3. DeedWest

DeedWest 2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport #1438

Depending on where you're located, I'd look into Al & Ed's or TSportline. They'd probably be happy to redo your Roadster's interior as simple or complex as you'd like. I've definitely seen some nice looking ones from those guys.

4. spiderguy

spiderguy Member

Hey Josh,

I had the exact same interior on my yellow one and I felt the same way you do. It's actually very simple to take out the side panel and spray paint them leather black. I was skeptical when my neighbor suggested it, but it turned out great. Nobody would ever notice the difference.
    The seats are a different story though. They are a bear to remove, as the bolts are very difficult to reach and you have to remove the hand brake to take out the passenger seat. I switched mine to carbon fiber and they look great. 005.JPG

5. ibcs

ibcs Member

Convert Tuning and Al and Ed's redid my interior and I'm absolutely pleased with the results. Pricey, but worth it.

6. DeedWest

DeedWest 2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport #1438

@ibcs, could you post some photos? I love seeing custom interiors!

7. josh-io

josh-io Member

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! For those who had their interiors redone, just how pricey is pricey? :)

@spiderguy Wow, I would never have guessed the door panels were painted! And I've seen that car in person. The seats look amazing too.

8. ibcs

ibcs Member

Radar detector, new speakers and complete interior about 30k.They did a professional photo shoot to encourage more business.

Interior.jpg Roadster Interior.jpg CTD-Tesla-8428.jpg CTD-Tesla-8394.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  9. josh-io

josh-io Member

10. ibcs

ibcs Member

It started out as a speaker and radar detector upgrade. Got a little carried away! Thanks for the kind words I'm very happy with it.

11. slcasner

slcasner Member

I have the tan interior in Radiant Red #33. My driver's seat has some wear in the lower area of the back, perhaps from friction with the belt in my pants. If yours is in good condition and if the seat color matches well enough, I might be interested in trading seats before you take them in to be redone (if you decide to go that route). That could offset your cost a little.