Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a place to do a full chrome delete - GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a reputable company in the GTA to do a full chrome delete on my car. If you can point me in the right direction please chime in.

Thanks,

Shawn
Why on earth would anyone want to cover the beautiful chrome on this car? My opinion of course but anyone is welcome to my opinion!
I’ve seen several Teslas chrome removed and in my opinion, makes the car look very ordinary and fake looking. Why would you want to spoil this beautiful car by doing this? Just to be different?
Again, my opinion only, and it’s your decision to do what you want to your car.
I’m sure most of us would never dream of doing this!

I investigated this a while back so hopefully this information helps you.

BTW - I agree the car looks much better with the chrome blacked out.

A GTA based company called Wrap Monster quoted me around $650 for this. I communicated with Dominic at [email protected] . I did not proceed with this as I was contemplating getting the whole car wrapped which I didn't eventually do.

What I did do was order many of the pre-cut wrap decals from RPM Tesla. I have a white model S and did the Tesla emblems and side turn lights in red and most of the rest in carbon black. It all worked out very well and I love the look. Overall, this cost around $250 but they don't have a decal to do the mirror yourself.

If the car wasn't covered with the effects of the recent weather, I could post a picture. Maybe after Tesla service cleans it up later this week.

Why on earth would anyone want to cover the beautiful chrome on this car? My opinion of course but anyone is welcome to my opinion!
I’ve seen several Teslas chrome removed and in my opinion, makes the car look very ordinary and fake looking. Why would you want to spoil this beautiful car by doing this? Just to be different?

Thanks for your opinion. I'm very sure that once I complete the look I'm going for you will change your mind. With that said everyone has different tastes. Personaly I wouldn't put a fake badge on my car but again that just my opinion.

I investigated this a while back so hopefully this information helps you.

BTW - I agree the car looks much better with the chrome blacked out.

A GTA based company called Wrap Monster quoted me around $650 for this. I communicated with Dominic at [email protected] . I did not proceed with this as I was contemplating getting the whole car wrapped which I didn't eventually do.

What I did do was order many of the pre-cut wrap decals from RPM Tesla. I have a white model S and did the Tesla emblems and side turn lights in red and most of the rest in carbon black. It all worked out very well and I love the look. Overall, this cost around $250 but they don't have a decal to do the mirror yourself.

If the car wasn't covered with the effects of the recent weather, I could post a picture. Maybe after Tesla service cleans it up later this week.

Thanks for the lead. I'll investigate this in the spring when I put my Satin Black rims on. I'd love to see how your car looks once you get it back. I appreciate when people tastefully make changes to their vehicles to separate themselves from the masses.

Reactions: Struja
Thanks for your opinion. I'm very sure that once I complete the look I'm going for you will change your mind. With that said everyone has different tastes. Personaly I wouldn't put a fake badge on my car but again that just my opinion.

Thanks for the lead. I'll investigate this in the spring when I put my Satin Black rims on. I'd love to see how your car looks once you get it back. I appreciate when people tastefully make changes to their vehicles to separate themselves from the masses.
When I saw you on the highway, I don’t recall seeing blacked out chrome of any sort. Are you just deciding to do this now? I’d love to see it when done.

When I saw you on the highway, I don’t recall seeing blacked out chrome of any sort. Are you just deciding to do this now? I’d love to see it when done.

Everything is still chrome at the moment. I just had my summer 22 inch Vossens refinished and powder coated to Satin Black. The plan is to do the chrome delete before I put them on.

Attachments

• 20180207_054950.jpg
    20180207_054950.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 281
Here are the pictures I promised:

20180216_110816.jpg 20180216_102610.jpg 20180216_102615.jpg 20180216_102622.jpg 20180216_102601.jpg

As Previously mentioned, I used the pre-cut decals from RPM. Here is what I changed:
- handles => black carbon
- side turn light => gloss red
- side chrome under the doors => black carbon
- front T logo => gloss red
- rear T logo => gloss red
- rear chrome around the letters => black carbon
- rear TESLA letters => gloss red
- aftermarket gloss carbon tail
- I also have the dark 21" turbine rims and I changed the centre cap T logo to red but these aren't on the car in these pictures

I like the overall look but wish there was a DIY way to do the mirrors and window surrounds.

How many grandkids do you have? That explains the chrome loving appeal.