TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for a place to stay in Carmel area during the concourse August 21st...

Discussion in 'California' started by Merrill, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Looking for a place to stay for 3 or 4 days during the Concourse. Any suggestions on a cottage or hotel in the Carmel area.

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

We stayed at the Blue Sky Inn in Carmel Valley right after Christmas, about 15 min from Carmel-by-the-Sea. Reasonable and nice enough. Very quiet with a couple great restaurants within walking distance.

3. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member

If they are not already booked up, Bernardus Lodge in Carmel Valley has 3 electric chargers, 2 dedicated for Teslas. I heard they are adding 16 new suites by July.

4. kf93

kf93 Member

be prepared for sticker shock. next to the pro-am the car week is the biggest event on the peninsula. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Carmel and Monterey hotels are already booked. Might have to look at putting the MIL suite on homeaway.

5. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

#5 Lawsteve, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    +1 re Bernardus Lodge. It's a short drive from Carmel and a beautiful place to stay. Nice rooms and very peaceful setting. I've stayed there several times over the last five years, the most recent being last October.

6. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, most places are already booked and the prices are ridiculous. We decided to do our normal North Lake Tahoe wooden boat show trip instead.