Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a solution to nav card erase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 p90dl with 27000 miles. I am getting ready to relocate a few states away and from the symptoms I think I have a failing SD Nav card.

The 2 issues I really need to work for this trip, is some maps don't update, and energy usage is not working .

The emmc recall has been done, this issue existed before that was replaced.

I had made an appointment over 1.5 months ago to upgrade to MCU 2 but it got pushed 4 times, the final time was past my departure date, so I had to cancel it.

After I canceled that appointment I made another to get the nav card reset/wiped and they scheduled it for over a month out, I left them a message asking if they could do a remote wipe like they had done once in the past and have not heard back.

If they do not get back to me before I leave, is there a way I can wipe the card , like doing the new owner reset ?

These old NAV SD cards have a limited number of times they can erase and rewrite information over the same memory device. They just wear out. You need to get a new NAV SD card to restore the memory that is no longer working and increase the speed and the longevity of the SD card. Your card has been subjected to extreme heat and cold, and many rewrites. The newer endurance cards are meant to last 10 years. Yours was designed for about 5 years.