Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a specific picture...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PopSmith

Saving for a Model 3
Jan 22, 2010
Utah
Does anyone know if there is a photo similar to this one but of a white Roadster 2.5? There might be a thread for what I am looking for already but I couldn't find it.

2011teslaroadster251003.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for the links, I'll see what I can do playing around with a couple of those. :smile:

Why not just take the one you have and Photoshop it white? That's all Tesla Motors does when they want to sell a $200,000 limited edition Sport.

Just kidding...

So that's how they do it! :wink:

For what it's worth, I thought I saw almost exactly what I am looking for in a thread for one of the new(er) stores. But I can't seemed to find it now, I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
PopSmith, Is this the photo you're looking for?

That's practically it. Thanks, Ted! :biggrin:

I might be mistaken but I thought I spotted a Roadster (just like that one) in a picture of a smaller store on a corner, like the Milan store.
IIRC, the picture were I saw the Roadster was from a distance. That picture Ted linked to is much better, though!

Wow, looking really nice! The white TESLA logo on the black background is cool.

Yeah, I really like the contrast of the black "stripe" against the white car.

Last edited:
I really like the contrast of the black "stripe" against the white car.
Unfortunately, it seems that the black stripe is not available. There is a Very Orange Sport here in Seattle with a gray stripe, and when I complained that black would look so much better, the salesman informed me that there is only white, dark gray and light gray. It's possible that he is mistaken, since this photo is clearly showing a black stripe, but if he's right then Tesla Motors really needs to make these black stripes available to Sport and limited/special edition owners (otherwise we'll have more ugly roadsters rolling around).

Unfortunately, it seems that the black stripe is not available...the salesman informed me that there is only white, dark gray and light gray.

There is a possibility that Tesla doesn't sell the stripe in black but that would be a bit strange to offer a "company cars only" option when it comes to paint. I suppose one could always get a black wrap or paint job done by a professional if they really want one.

To each his own I guess...I really wouldn't want the stripe on my car...don't really like the look of it.

In my opinion, practically every other car looks down right silly with it's make/model plastered on the car. The Roadster is actually the only car I've seen that I like with the stripe on it. Of course, I'll admit I have not seen a skirt-striped Roadster in real life so I might not like the look of it in person. In pictures I think it looks great, though.

In my opinion, practically every other car looks down right silly with it's make/model plastered on the car. The Roadster is actually the only car I've seen that I like with the stripe on it...

I agree, I think it looks great in the pictures. I've only seen a few roadsters and never a non-dealer car in the wild, so I also might not like it up close. I asked about getting it added to ours (or adding it ourselves, although with my skill set I'd probably apply it upside-down) but... well, let's just say I was overruled by my co-driver.

The photo doesn't show Jaff's Arctic White car a couple of dozen feet to the left - we could compare them almost side-by-side. They both have their charms, but I have to say I'm with Jaff on this one. The stripe looks much better than the Tesla logo that was on the former Radiant Red Toronto demo car, but I still don't think I'd want it on my car. I can see why they'd want it on the demo car, though.

Unfortunately, it seems that the black stripe is not available. There is a Very Orange Sport here in Seattle with a gray stripe, and when I complained that black would look so much better, the salesman informed me that there is only white, dark gray and light gray. It's possible that he is mistaken, since this photo is clearly showing a black stripe, but if he's right then Tesla Motors really needs to make these black stripes available to Sport and limited/special edition owners (otherwise we'll have more ugly roadsters rolling around).
Suddenly, black stripes are available to anyone who wants one - at least here at the Seattle Tesla Store. Go figure.