Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a Tesla, but why have these not sold yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a former MS 75 owner and now own a 2013 MS P85 and have seen and sat in a model 3, I would not trade my 13' P85 for a new model 3. Just my humble opinion....To me there is not better car than a Tesla MS

There is something special about a classic P85. Old school Tesla 4 seater muscle madness and highway cruiser.

I don't mind folding my mirrors, if I ever have to. ;-)

There's a butt for every seat, so its not really about high mileage or lack of AP. Those are good points, but people are will to concede those for a lower sales price. It's really because the price is too high. A 2013 with no AP should be in the upper $30k range.

Someone on another thread said they were offered $17,000 trade in on a Model 3

requested a quote to trade in my 2013 Model S 60, and was essentially offered $17,000 from Tesla

So I have to wonder how cheap cars like that will be in a few months after Model 3s roll out to all the Californians wanting to trade in their Model S.

There is something special about a classic P85. Old school Tesla 4 seater muscle madness and highway cruiser.

I don't mind folding my mirrors, if I ever have to. ;-)

Indeed. Tangentially, one could make the case that the UUC (ultimate unicorn club) would have to include a wayward cousin of the P85 - an AP1 P85+. Confident AP features that actually work consistently *and* a full-sized frunk and microwave? Doesn't get much better than that.

Interesting, the Tesla Used CPO Inventory webpage shows, one car. That can't be right, can it?

Used Inventory | Tesla
The OAs have access to vehicles not listed on the website, but you are correct the CPO inventory on Tesla’s website is very low right now. I think it will jump next month as people trade in vehicles to get the free supercharging that ends 1/31/18 and as people get their M3 emails.

Since there is no such thing as a 2013 Signature, I would guess that knowledgeable buyers just move along when they see misrepresented offers like these. Signatures were limited to the first 1,000 cars in the U.S. and another 200 in Canada, all dated 2012.

Unfortunately, Autotrader’s options for Teslas are pretty inaccurate and most people select the wrong thing. You’ll find that many of them are erroneously listed as being Signature models.