Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a video of a Raven X on Supercharger V3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. HVAC eats some power and slows your charge rates, but that's more a concern for a 120V plug than any supercharger - it'll be a percent or two for the typical Supercharging session. In extreme conditions, the car may be using all the AC to cool the pack, leading to less available for the cabin, but that's pretty rare in my experience. There is no safety risk to sitting in the car while it charges.
AWESOME<Thank you..i'm assuming on a nice day windows down no issues of A/C taking some power away?

Yes. HVAC eats some power and slows your charge rates, but that's more a concern for a 120V plug than any supercharger - it'll be a percent or two for the typical Supercharging session. In extreme conditions, the car may be using all the AC to cool the pack, leading to less available for the cabin, but that's pretty rare in my experience. There is no safety risk to sitting in the car while it charges.
thanks a bunch

Not my video, but here you are.

The way the charge rate hovers at 70 kW for several minutes makes me think his pack wasn’t fully warmed. I’m still hoping we’ll see something better than that in the future, but we’ll see.

It should be more capable than past cars - in addition to Tesla’s statement of 200 kW charging, the EPC shows a larger wire from the charge port to the pack...

• Love
Reactions: Vegas Shuffle
The way the charge rate hovers at 70 kW for several minutes makes me think his pack wasn’t fully warmed. I’m still hoping we’ll see something better than that in the future, but we’ll see.

It should be more capable than past cars - in addition to Tesla’s statement of 200 kW charging, the EPC shows a larger wire from the charge port to the pack...
This is my video. The battery wasn’t warm at all, I did exactly what I read in the tesl blog post which was to navigate to the supercharger. But it didn’t work.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and Saghost
Why does OP need a Video?

This is Hooksett NH (NB), I believe it has to be V2 since it's above 120 Kw on my Model X Raven. It was recently expanded.

Target is 80%

Honestly, I don't care to charge my battery any faster. As it was the Model X cooling was running full bore for the whole charge and it was not that hot out nor do I run my Model X very hard. Can't imaging how much the car would be snorting at 200 Kw on a hot day. It was also running Doggy mode at the same time (barely needed).

48843143938_065d7047e6_h_d.jpg

Why does OP need a Video?

This is Hooksett NH (NB), I believe it has to be V2 since it's above 120 Kw on my Model X Raven. It was recently expanded.

Target is 80%

Honestly, I don't care to charge my battery any faster. As it was the Model X cooling was running full bore for the whole charge and it was not that hot out nor do I run my Model X very hard. Can't imaging how much the car would be snorting at 200 Kw on a hot day. It was also running Doggy mode at the same time (barely needed).

48843143938_065d7047e6_h_d.jpg
We’re looking for a video to see just what a warmed up Raven can do on v3. Based on Tesla’s guidance, we’re expecting to see it reach 200 kW for some amount of time, and curious how long it’ll last.

There’s also a theory that the liquid cooled cable will lead to more consistent charge rates, especially in hot climates.

6miles away maybe 15 minute drive with traffic

Depending on where it starts, it can take the better part of an hour to fully warm the battery for Ludicrous+.

I’m not sure how hot Tesla wants the pack for peak supercharging - the couple times I’ve used the L+ shortcut to peek at pack temps after charging, they’ve been in the 40-45C range (L+ aims for 50C.)

We’re looking for a video to see just what a warmed up Raven can do on v3. Based on Tesla’s guidance, we’re expecting to see it reach 200 kW for some amount of time, and curious how long it’ll last.

There’s also a theory that the liquid cooled cable will lead to more consistent charge rates, especially in hot climates.

The liquid cable is just to allow making the cable lighter for the amount of current it has to carry. It’s not gonna make more consistent. Now if the liquid cooling exchanged with the car it might.

I still don’t quite get why it’s so critical in your buying decision. I have free supercharging and I don’t plan on using it much. And don’t care if takes 40 minutes or 30 minutes. V2 vs V1 vs V3 was the last thing on my mind.

I will say, to reach 80% the ETA is pretty close.

There are Videos around for V3 for Model 3. It doesn’t stay at peak very long. And it doesn’t need to.

The liquid cable is just to allow making the cable lighter for the amount of current it has to carry. It’s not gonna make more consistent. Now if the liquid cooling exchanged with the car it might.

I still don’t quite get why it’s so critical in your buying decision. I have free supercharging and I don’t plan on using it much. And don’t care if takes 40 minutes or 30 minutes. V2 vs V1 vs V3 was the last thing on my mind.

I will say, to reach 80% the ETA is pretty close.

There are Videos around for V3 for Model 3. It doesn’t stay at peak very long. And it doesn’t need to.

Oh, it’s not important to my buying decision - I bought my Raven months ago. And honestly, a good current Supercharging session is getting to be too quick to sit down and eat anyway.

But I want to know. :)

One of the common reasons for a slow Supercharging session in hot climates is a cable that’s already got from a previous session. That’s why I said more consistent - the outside temperature and recent charge history shouldn’t affect the ability of the liquid cooled cable to carry current for my charging session nearly as much.

Oh, it’s not important to my buying decision - I bought my Raven months ago. And honestly, a good current Supercharging session is getting to be too quick to sit down and eat anyway.

But I want to know. :)

One of the common reasons for a slow Supercharging session in hot climates is a cable that’s already got from a previous session. That’s why I said more consistent - the outside temperature and recent charge history shouldn’t affect the ability of the liquid cooled cable to carry current for my charging session nearly as much.

I still doubt the non liquid cooled cables caused the much variation. By the end of most sessions it’s usually low kw anyway.

the best thing about newer Superchargers is not having split pairs. I forget if that’s on V2 or V3.

I still doubt the non liquid cooled cables caused the much variation. By the end of most sessions it’s usually low kw anyway.

the best thing about newer Superchargers is not having split pairs. I forget if that’s on V2 or V3.
As you choose. Having experienced it repeatedly, there is no doubt in my mind that plugging in to a cable that’s hot to the touch will lead to a slow, disappointing charging session.

Reactions: Zoomit