Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for advise on getting the FSD Beta update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of my problems is My car has 2022.44.2 ready to install
If your goal is FSDb, just don't install this release. It won't hurt to ignore this. That is not a problem.

Current FSDB currently being distributed to real people is based on 2022.36. The latest "employee" build is based on 2023.40. Nobody knows what version the next wide release will be based on. But you cannot go from a higher maintain release (i.e. 2022.44.x) to a lower FSD version.

If your goal is FSDb, just don't install this release. It won't hurt to ignore this. That is not a problem.

Current FSDB currently being distributed to real people is based on 2022.36. The latest "employee" build is based on 2023.40. Nobody knows what version the next wide release will be based on. But you cannot go from a higher maintain release (i.e. 2022.44.x) to a lower FSD version.
Got it thanks

I am on 2022.40.200 and requested FSDb 3days ago. How long do you think I might have to wait based on the frequency of updates?
Can we make this a sticky or something?

We don't know if the next FSD 10.69.X will be on 2022.40 or .44 or something higher.

The current wide release is based 9n 2022.36 - if you already have 2022.40 or 2022.44 or 2022.more, you will not get the current FSDb release.

Tesla is testing with employees a 2022.40 version. The next wide release has been rumored to be around the holidays - you know, an Elon thing. Definitely within 2 weeks (speaking in Elonease, of course). Translation - nobody knows. But when it does come, it's likely going to be at least 2022.40, but may be higher.

Therefore, if you want FSDb don't install higher versions. They can be downloaded to install and ask you to install - just ignore it. In almost all cases it is self-correcting, but I believe someone said a "reinstall" will remove the pending installation (YMMV - I've not personally seen this).

Just be sure you are opted in to FSDb on your car's screen. Safety score and AP miles appear to now be irrelevant.

Bottom line: be opted in and keep your software level below the latest FSDb version, as seen on TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker or others. Beyond those 2 steps you can control, the rest is waiting for Tesla's next FSDb release.

I am on 2022.40.200 and requested FSDb 3days ago. How long do you think I might have to wait based on the frequency of updates?
Have you done 100 miles on auto pilot ( one way to get FSDb). Reject updates. You are currently ahead of the latest FSDb version 10.69.3.3 (2022.40.10). It’s got to catch up to you. Option 2 Waite for v11.
Option 1 sooner than later
option 2 later than sooner
No one has the answer but hopefully between now and the end of January.
Good luck

Have you done 100 miles on auto pilot ( one way to get FSDb). Reject updates. You are currently ahead of the latest FSDb version 10.69.3.3 (2022.40.10). It’s got to catch up to you. Option 2 Waite for v11.
Option 1 sooner than later
option 2 later than sooner
No one has the answer but hopefully between now and the end of January.
Good luck
"100 miles on auto pilot" is no longer required for FSD beta. An appropriate software version is required. If you've already passed 2022.36.20 you'll wait for whatever the next wide release is. Probably in the next couple of weeks.

"100 miles on auto pilot" is no longer required for FSD beta. An appropriate software version is required. If you've already passed 2022.36.20 you'll wait for whatever the next wide release is. Probably in the next
"100 miles on auto pilot" is no longer required for FSD beta. An appropriate software version is required. If you've already passed 2022.36.20 you'll wait for whatever the next wide release is. Probably in the next couple of weeks.
Until I see the company complying with what I hear from it’s leaders I’m going to hedge my bet and try to play all the possible outcome. Case in point is my Friday automated email from FSDb Team.

Attachments

• 8A97A5C1-5103-4E86-9489-C4E48DF919E6.png
    8A97A5C1-5103-4E86-9489-C4E48DF919E6.png
    539.2 KB · Views: 106
This is correct. Those requirements was before it went to everyone.
I called Orlando service center this morning about safety score for FSDb.
Agent stated you still need 100mile on ap and a score 80 or a
This is correct. Those requirements was before it went to everyone.
i understand when you say this is correct. The Orlando service center has a different take on the safety score needs for FSDb. I talked with them this morning.
They said:
100 miles on ap
80 or higher score
And we don’t run a business off of twitter

This is why I like to cover as many options I can. Until the company is on the same page anything can happen. Do what’s best for you with all this info on TMC at least we are more informed to do so.

i understand when you say this is correct. The Orlando service center has a different take on the safety score needs for FSDb. I talked with them this morning.
They said:
100 miles on ap
80 or higher score

This is why I like to cover as many options I can. Until the company is on the same page anything can happen. Do what’s best for you with all this info on TMC at least we are more informed to do so.
I agree, as for me personally and others on reddit have confirmed we subscribed and immediately had FSD without doing any of that and also to add we did not have FSD prior.

I find this forum and reddit much more informative than the customer service people at the service center. Prime example is to remove the downloaded, but not installed update so I can get the FSD. The service center said they or I couldn't do anything to remove it and just had to install it. Come to find out from Reddit there was a way to remove that downloaded update and viola here we are with FSD. Now if I would have listened to what service center says, I would now be waiting for the next FSD update to get FSD.

Reactions: Gbills

They said:
100 miles on ap
80 or higher score

I replied from personal experience. I think I had about 5 miles of previous AP when I got the FSD beta software.

I agree, as for me personally and others on reddit have confirmed we subscribed and immediately had FSD without doing any of that and also to add we did not have FSD prior.

I find this forum and reddit much more informative than the customer service people at the service center. Prime example is to remove the downloaded, but not installed update so I can get the FSD. The service center said they or I couldn't do anything to remove it and just had to install it. Come to find out from Reddit there was a way to remove that downloaded update and viola here we are with FSD. Now if I would have listened to what service center says, I would now be waiting for the next FSD update to get FSD.
I had FSD beta when I took my car in for service. While there they installed a new non FSD branch and now I don’t have FSD beta and safety score is back on phone. Can you link me to Reddit post which tells me how to remove non FSD branch? Thanks

Final update. Today I crossed the "100 miles on autopilot" mark in the safety score screen and when I checked for updates a couple hours later I had received FSD Beta!

So it may be the case that a specific safety score is no longer required, but 100 miles on autopilot (since requesting the beta) is still a requirement
Be careful what you wish for! I'm canceling my sub when it expires at the end of this month. It's truly awful for me.