TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for an electrician to install outlet

Discussion in 'Florida' started by amans232, May 6, 2014.

1. amans232

amans232 Member

Hello, i will be receiving my S60 the end of June...just wanted to get some recommendations as to which electricians you used to install the nema outlet...thanks i live in broward county (zip 33076)...thanks!

2. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

3. amans232

amans232 Member

thanks for the input...any idea on how much to expect to pay for the outlet? the outlet will be right next to the breaker panel

4. tiblot

tiblot Member

Depends if your panel is full/has room/has enough incoming power. If you're good on those, then < $200 is a good estimate.

5. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

Aviators99 and I used Others Electric, and he did a great job for a very good price. Contact info is: jlmyers8(at)hotmail.com. (561) 654-8452 is Joe's mobile number (the owner)

6. amans232

amans232 Member

thanks everyone for the recommendations...do the electricians usually offer a quote over the phone, or do they have to see the space before they give a quote??? I'm not sure what is appropriate in this situation, and I know some service workers get irritated if you ask them beforehand

- - - Updated - - -

wow, I thought this was going to be a $500 endeavor...under $200 definitely sounds reasonable

7. amans232

amans232 Member

thanks...he quoted me $400-$600...is this a normal rate

8. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

Highly depends on how far from your breaker box the outlet will be. What did you tell him about that?

9. amans232

amans232 Member

i told him 2-3 feet from the breaker, and even sent him pictures...what do you think?

10. aviators99

Well, it sounds like a bit more than I expected (but I also did an HPWC at the same time). But since he installed mine, Tesla has started insisting on electricians to pull permits in order for them to be on the "preferred" list. It's possible that he's building that into the cost now. I'll see what I can find out.

11. aviators99

I spoke with Joseph. It's the going rate at the moment for him for people down in your area. He's got to factor in gasoline expense, which is pretty ironic :)
    He's worth it in my opinion, but if you find someone more local you might get a better price.

12. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

I had Walter Maxim do mine. He has done a lot of electrical work for me, installed transfer switch for my generator and lots of other stuff. He is very good, honest and doesnt charge enough. Licensed electrician lives in Coral Springs.