TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for better ways to keep your screen clean.

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by franknesss, Oct 8, 2014.

1. franknesss

franknesss Member

Since taking ownership of the car, I've had a lot of excitement playing with the large 17inch screen. Obviously, it's prone to fingerprints. I wanted to see what other solutions people are using, other than the cloth included, to keep their screen fingerprint free.

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Short of wearing gloves with capacitive pads at the fingertips or having some odd skin disease in which no oils are present on your fingertips, I don't think there are any methods for keeping it fingerprint-free. Comes with the territory.

3. Killface

Killface Member

I bought the HD Anti-Fingerprint screen protectors from Abstract Ocean. They were easy to install and have worked quite well so far.

4. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Local Vendor - SoCal

A quality mf towel, not cheapos from costco, will be all you'll need. Put in screen clean mode, and wipe, that's it. Keep towel in glove box, and when waiting at a light, you can do this in about 15 seconds.

5. SarahsDad

SarahsDad Member

6. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

7. Aussie Bob

Aussie Bob Member

I bought the screen protector from Abstract Ocean.

8. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

9. redi

redi 2013 P85+ with HumanPilot Technology

Keep/use a few ipad stylus pens in the cubby? The screen never gets grubby that way. Most/many of the frequently used controls are on the thumbwheel anyway.

10. austinEV

austinEV Active Member

Is it a good fit? I see that protectors seem to come in too-big-hard-to-install and too-small-annoying-gap-around-the-edges. Not sure which would be worse. How is the BoxWave product?