Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for cargo net for 5 seat MX

saz25

Oct 11, 2014
Johns Creek, GA
Hi
My model X is from Dec 2018 and has 2 rows of seats, seats 5 total.

Does someone make a cargo net for this?
I see that the trunk has two hooks close to the rear door at the floor level. There also two concealed hooks on the inside walls about 18” above floor level.

suggestions?
Thanks

Art VandeIay

Attractive Membrane
Jun 12, 2016
Elon’s left eyebrow
Tesla sells an OEM Cargo Net that only works with 6 and 7 seat configurations because the tie-down hooks are placed on the back of the third row seats.

1622221885888.png

I see that the trunk has two hooks close to the rear door at the floor level.
Tesla's Cargo Net fastens to the two hooks close to the rear, but since your Model X doesn't have the third row, the OEM net won't reach any further:

1622222329356.png

There also two concealed hooks on the inside walls about 18” above floor level.
Unfortunately, these hooks are grocery bag hooks, and even if you somehow could manage to stretch the OEM cargo net, they wouldn't be able to secure your cargo as they are to high 😢.

1622222979329.png

Long story short, I'm not sure if some third party vendor makes a cargo net for the 5 seat configuration Model X, as Tesla didn't fit any lowered positioned tie-down hooks for it to work properly.

saz25

Oct 11, 2014
Johns Creek, GA
Hey @saz25, can you please elaborate? Are you looking for a cargo net to hold stuff down in the cargo area? To separate the cargo area from the seats when the second row is down? Something else?

Jose
Hi, yes I am looking to hold stuff in the cargo area. I like the "envelope" type but I don't see one that fits a 5 seater except maybe evannex that has one where you need to drill into the sides to add hook loops. I wonder whether any other options exist. What do others with my configuration do?

thanks

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC