Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for cargo net for 5 seat MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
My model X is from Dec 2018 and has 2 rows of seats, seats 5 total.

Does someone make a cargo net for this?
I see that the trunk has two hooks close to the rear door at the floor level. There also two concealed hooks on the inside walls about 18” above floor level.

suggestions?
Thanks

Tesla sells an OEM Cargo Net that only works with 6 and 7 seat configurations because the tie-down hooks are placed on the back of the third row seats.

1622221885888.png

I see that the trunk has two hooks close to the rear door at the floor level.
Tesla's Cargo Net fastens to the two hooks close to the rear, but since your Model X doesn't have the third row, the OEM net won't reach any further:

1622222329356.png

There also two concealed hooks on the inside walls about 18” above floor level.
Unfortunately, these hooks are grocery bag hooks, and even if you somehow could manage to stretch the OEM cargo net, they wouldn't be able to secure your cargo as they are to high 😢.

1622222979329.png

Long story short, I'm not sure if some third party vendor makes a cargo net for the 5 seat configuration Model X, as Tesla didn't fit any lowered positioned tie-down hooks for it to work properly.

Hey @saz25, can you please elaborate? Are you looking for a cargo net to hold stuff down in the cargo area? To separate the cargo area from the seats when the second row is down? Something else?

Jose
Hi, yes I am looking to hold stuff in the cargo area. I like the "envelope" type but I don't see one that fits a 5 seater except maybe evannex that has one where you need to drill into the sides to add hook loops. I wonder whether any other options exist. What do others with my configuration do?

thanks

I have a 2019 MX and purchased the Cargo Net from Tesla that is intended for the 6- and 7-seat versions of the MX. I was starting to think I would have to return it and look for another solution. As I looked throughout the car for possibilities, I found that in the back of the second row of seats there are spots to anchor a child car seat. Inside those flaps (on the lower end) there are small metal bars that you can hook the cargo net to and the net will stretch all the way to the two rear anchors. You could get around 3-4 bags of groceries under the net with the available expansion. If I have more groceries than that, I usually don't need a cargo net because the contents keep themselves upright - just like crowding in a moshpit.