Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for center console removal instructions.

aviphysics

Oct 6, 2019
Bay Area
I may have spilled a significant amount of coffee down the center console hatch of my wife's model 3.

I was able to get through the cup holder removal, but I am hung up on how to get the center console box out the rest of the way, so I can properly clean everything and replace the center hatch dampening material.

Can anyone link to any guides or a service manual excerpt?

I did some of my own searching, but haven't had much luck finding what I am looking for. Most guides stop at removing the cup holder.

Kleenerth3

Jun 6, 2019
Vista CA
There's a thread literally called:
How to remove model 3's center console. It includes a few pics and is fairly easy to follow. The Poster noted that he thought it would be a lot harder than it was.
Good luck with the spill. :cool:

Kevy Baby

Dis-Member
Aug 11, 2019
Brea, CA
I've gotta learn how to do that!!!
Thanks for the assist, KevyBaby. :cool:
YW

But learn how to do what - the search? In this case:
  1. I copied the title of the thread from the post.
  2. Clicked the search button in the header of the page (top right)
  3. Pasted "How to remove model 3's center console" (adding the quote marks)
  4. Checked the Search Titles Only checkbox
  5. Deselected the Search this Forum Only checkbox
  6. Click Search
If you were referring on how to remove the center console, you're on your own (hopefully the thread helps)

Kleenerth3

Jun 6, 2019
Vista CA
YW

But learn how to do what - the search? In this case:
  1. I copied the title of the thread from the post.
  2. Clicked the search button in the header of the page (top right)
  3. Pasted "How to remove model 3's center console" (adding the quote marks)
  4. Checked the Search Titles Only checkbox
  5. Deselected the Search this Forum Only checkbox
  6. Click Search
If you were referring on how to remove the center console, you're on your own (hopefully the thread helps)
Thanks brother. I do most of my surfing on my phone. This sounds like I need to get on my laptop. I'll try it next time now that you've given the tutorial. :)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC