Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for charging options on trips between Fort Worth & Wichita Falls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I will take delivery of a new 75D in the next month or so. I make trips from Fort Worth (Keller) to Wichita Falls once a month or so and was wondering if there are any others that make this trip that could provide charging information that I haven't found. Sometimes I go there and back in a day and am concerned that there are no Superchargers along the route. I've searched various charging sites and don't see a lot of options there for fast charging.

I am curious why WF never got Superchargers. I know it's been listed as "Coming Soon" on the Supercharger map for a few years now. Decatur would also be a great location for Superchargers.

The only reasonable options around WF that I can find on PlugShare are these:

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You (someone would have to verify if the 14-50 actually works)
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You (10 bucks fee)
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You (slow)

If you can stay overnight, then these 2 hotels have Tesla destination chargers:

Best Western Red River Inn, 1008 Sheppard Rd, Burkburnett, TX 76354 (~ 15 miles away)
Hampton Inn, 4131 Western Trail Dr, Vernon , TX 76384 (~ 49 miles away)

I travel from DFW to WF once a month as well for work. I just took delivery of my second S 100D, i was in WF last week and contact zoning and planning about Tesla Charger. They said Tesla originally contacted them about charger but wanted the charger on city property and want the city to foot a good portion of the cost. The city did not agree to those terms and Tesla pulled out. With that said, they believe Tesla is trying to work with some businesses in town that has parking options and electrical they can plug into. Walmart sounds like the most logical option but they didn’t have any info to confirm. The long and short, it appears it will happen but not sure when. I don’t think I can get back from WF to DFW with a 100D. I can go to Ardmore, OK from WF but that adds 80 miles to trip. I may just rent a car the 12 times I go to WF until charger happens. I hope this helps everyone as I have been waiting for WF for over a year as I knew I would be getting my S.

• Informative
Reactions: TMC Bubba and arcus