Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for cheap MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am interested in buying a Model S.
It must have:
Free Unlimited Supercharging for life
Must be trouble free. 100% working!
Cannot be wrecked/rebuilt/salvaged.
Must be cheap. I'm looking for low $20's or $30s depending on the car.
85kwh battery packs only.

Its going to be a long range travel vehicle for my family so please only vehicles that have been reliable and dont have a pile of issues.

I live in Central NY. I would either drive or fly to you then drive it home.

If you have one or see one please let me know.

Thank you!

200.gif

Sure, cheap MSs have passed through, but not 100% working condition/trouble free/non-salvaged 85kWh models. You and 10,000 other people are also looking for that white whale.

Seriously "low $20s" is never seen. "low $30s" is seen, but for wrecked/salvaged 85s or very high mileage/bare bones S60s.

Its going to be a long range travel vehicle for my family

Do you really want to cheap out when you'll be driving your family around?

Hello,

It must have:

Its going to be a long range travel vehicle for my family so please only vehicles that have been reliable and dont have a pile of issues.

I live in Central NY. I would either drive or fly to you then drive it home.

If you have one or see one please let me know.

Thank you!
Are you the guy that was selling the model x with all the problems a while back? It was a white 100d, think you made some videos complaining about Tesla service? If it’s not you my apologies. As for the model S your looking for best of luck.

Reactions: Rmf1981
Are you the guy that was selling the model x with all the problems a while back? It was a white 100d, think you made some videos complaining about Tesla service? If it’s not you my apologies. As for the model S your looking for best of luck.

Same guy. TLDR. OP had issues with his Model X. Tesla bought the car back under the lemon law.

I live in Northern Virginia and have a 2016 Model S 75D for sale. It's a reliable car with no issues. If interested, I can send you additional pictures & we can further discuss.

This is the ad I posted in this forum a couple days ago....

Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Refreshed Fascia
Excellent condition / Non-Smoker / Only One Owner

***Asking: $42,000***

Mileage: 55k miles
Extended Warranty: 6 yrs / 75k miles
Free Unlimited Supercharging
Upgraded AC Charger (72 amps)
Premium Connectivity
Top Speed: 140 mph / Has been "uncorked"; so 0-60 mph in 4.2 sec

• Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
  • Tan Leather Tesla Premium Seats
  • Autopilot with Convenience Features
  • Premium Upgrades
  • Sunroof
  • HEPA Air Filtration System
  • Keyless Entry
  • Power Lift gate
  • GPS Enabled Homelink
  • Black Headliner
  • New Tesla Brand All Weather Interior Mats (Front & Back Seats)
  • Upgraded interior LED lights from Abstract Ocean

2016 Model S 75D.jpg
Driver_Side_Model_S.jpeg
Front_Seat_Interior_Model_S.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Webeevdrivers
I have seen a few 85s on Tesla used site for low 30s. Have seen a few in high 20s on this site. You should be able to find one if you are patient

Doesn't mean they're legitimate. Just because you "see" something listed for sale doesn't make it an actual car sold by an actual person instead of a scam attempt. Lots of people see listings for P90D cars for $35k and assume you can get a 85 for $20k based on a made up listing.

I live in Northern Virginia and have a 2016 Model S 75D for sale. It's a reliable car with no issues. If interested, I can send you additional pictures & we can further discuss.

This is the ad I posted in this forum a couple days ago....

Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Refreshed Fascia
Excellent condition / Non-Smoker / Only One Owner

***Asking: $42,000***

Mileage: 55k miles
Extended Warranty: 6 yrs / 75k miles
Free Unlimited Supercharging
Upgraded AC Charger (72 amps)
Premium Connectivity
Top Speed: 140 mph / Has been "uncorked"; so 0-60 mph in 4.2 sec

• Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
  • Tan Leather Tesla Premium Seats
  • Autopilot with Convenience Features
  • Premium Upgrades
  • Sunroof
  • HEPA Air Filtration System
  • Keyless Entry
  • Power Lift gate
  • GPS Enabled Homelink
  • Black Headliner
  • New Tesla Brand All Weather Interior Mats (Front & Back Seats)
  • Upgraded interior LED lights from Abstract Ocean

View attachment 562344 View attachment 562345 View attachment 562346
This guy is looking for a Model S under $30k and you take the opportunity to advertise your $42k Model S. ROFL

Cars are out there. Let me know if you need help finding one. I've pushed cheap deals to tons of brokers and dealerships.

I've personally bought a clean title 85D for under $30k and a clean title P85D for $35.5k. If you don't care for higher mileage (~100k), then there are PLENTY of cars out there for you.

• Informative
Reactions: BulldogsRus
Sure, cheap MSs have passed through, but not 100% working condition/trouble free/non-salvaged 85kWh models. You and 10,000 other people are also looking for that white whale.

Seriously "low $20s" is never seen. "low $30s" is seen, but for wrecked/salvaged 85s or very high mileage/bare bones S60s.

Do you really want to cheap out when you'll be driving your family around?

That is purely your personal opinion. I had 2013 MS 85 with 60k miles posted here few months ago for under $30k. There was no interest from this forum/club. Car was clean, loaded, free supercharging, etc. Ended up selling on Craigslist to a guy who lives two blocks away from me. We actually become friends.
It’s tough crowd here: sellers price cars higher than Tesla is selling them for and buyers only here to ask something stupid like “what is your rated mileage?”.

It must have:
Tesla has a 2014 MS 85 with 70k miles for $31,600 with a 2 years/100,000 total miles extended limited warranty. It doesn't have FUSC, however. 2014 Model S | Tesla

There have been a number of nice 85s fitting your description here and even more elsewhere. However, as much as I love my car and have for years, unless you have some specific need case for Model S vs 3, I recommend going with the latter. Between battery-gate, charge-gate, eMMC-gate, MCU1 issues, etc. the 3 is a better choice now, especially for long-range driving. Free Supercharging, even with a lot of road trips, is vastly outweighed by other overall costs of ownership, primarily depreciation and out-of-warranty repairs. To say nothing of your time spent at much more frequent and longer charging stops. Good luck with your purchase!

I’ve changed my mind sorry. I decided going back to Tesla wasn’t worth the risk. I bought a 2021 Rav4 Prime instead. I still have my cybertruck reservation but I won’t buy unless Tesla drastically improves their service.
I wish you all the best.

I’ve changed my mind sorry. I decided going back to Tesla wasn’t worth the risk. I bought a 2021 Rav4 Prime instead. I still have my cybertruck reservation but I won’t buy unless Tesla drastically improves their service.
I wish you all the best.

I see that you live near me...where did you buy your RAV4 Prime and how much did they charge for it? IF you don't mind sharing.