Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Clear Bra / OptiCoat / Tinting in Sacramento CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a recommendation of a good place in the Sacramento area. Done some Google searches but many have decent star ratings but that doesn't really tell me anything. I'm looking for something more direct from the horses mouth, so to say.

Also looking for some suggestions on getting a clear bra versus OptiCoat (or both). I'm fairly new to this stuff so I'm still learning the pros and cons of each. So any suggestions in that regard would be helpful too.

Thanks!

When looking into getting PPF / Clear Bra, we always recommend doing the following:

1) Look for references (as you are now doing). Looking for online references is important, but also remember that not everyone have the same standards. What looks good to someone who is not picky, may be unacceptable to someone who is.

2) But, more importantly, go see the work / installation in person.

Clear Bra installation is a craft. If done incorrectly, it can look quite bad. Although there are many references online, you will never know if the Installation company's standards meet yours unless you see the work in person. Look out for excessive gaps, seams from pre-cut kits, adhesive distortions, lifting edges, ect. Also, is the installation a pre-cut kit, custom pre-cut kit, or a true custom installation? These are all factors that play into how an installation will ultimately look.

Here are some pics of a MS we did not too long ago. The details truly matter for those who are particular about their car. This is installed via our Signature Custom installation, resulting in the most seamless installs in the industry. Let us know if there is something we can help you with or if you have any questions.

More detailed pics of this project here: Vendor - Model S - Details Matter-Full Body Wrap with ClearGuard Nano SR + Spectra Photosync + Modesta BC04

ms01.jpg

ms02.jpg
ms03.jpg
ms04.jpg

Last edited:
When looking into getting PPF / Clear Bra, we always recommend doing the following:

1) Look for references (as you are now doing). Looking for online references is important, but also remember that not everyone have the same standards. What looks good to someone who is not picky, may be unacceptable to someone who is.

2) But, more importantly, go see the work / installation in person.

Clear Bra installation is a craft. If done incorrectly, it can look quite bad. Although there are many references online, you will never know if the Installation company's standards meet yours unless you see the work in person. Look out for excessive gaps, seams from pre-cut kits, adhesive distortions, lifting edges, ect. Also, is the installation a pre-cut kit, custom pre-cut kit, or a true custom installation? These are all factors that play into how an installation will ultimately look.

Here are some pics of a MS we did not too long ago. The details truly matter for those who are particular about their car. This is installed via our Signature Custom installation, resulting in the most seamless installs in the industry. Let us know if there is something we can help you with or if you have any questions.

More detailed pics of this project here: Vendor - Model S - Details Matter-Full Body Wrap with ClearGuard Nano SR + Spectra Photosync + Modesta BC04
Too bad you guys are not in Sacramento. Fremont is probably too far for me to bring my car. Do you ave any Sacramento area recommendations? How long do you guys take to perform a full wrap and tint? Is doing Opti-coat also something you suggest or is it not needed with a full wrap?

Too bad you guys are not in Sacramento. Fremont is probably too far for me to bring my car. Do you ave any Sacramento area recommendations? How long do you guys take to perform a full wrap and tint? Is doing Opti-coat also something you suggest or is it not needed with a full wrap?

A full wrap will typically take anywhere from 3-5 day and window tint typically 1 day. We do many full body wraps, but also try to work with customer's budget to target specific high impact areas that are prone to getting paint damage. Unfortunately, we do not know of anyone up in the Sacramento area.

As far as Ceramic Coatings are concerned, they really do help with keeping the car cleaner and provides an extra layer of protection from the elements. Paint Protection Film does a great job at providing protection against rock chips and minor scratches, but it may still be susceptible to hard water etching, bug guts, bird droppings, ect... This is where the benefits of a high end Ceramic Coating can work well in conjunction with PPF. It helps make the film more resistant to such environmental elements. We carry high end coatings that we carry are Modesta and Nanolex.

http://www.modesta.co/product-bc-04-nano-titanium-glass-coating.html
Nanolex Si3D HD