TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Looking for Clear Wrap in Central Illinois

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by fataldeadlock, Mar 6, 2018.

1. fataldeadlock

fataldeadlock Member

I am currently awaiting delivery of a CPO Blue 2015 Model S 85 kwh with AP 1.0. The last vehicle I bought was a 2011 Mazda RX-8 which I bought new and was very disappointed by the massive number of rock chips eating away at my paint. Looking to prevent that with the Model S by installing a clear wrap on the whole car, edges included.

Does anyone have pointers on shops in Central Illinois that will clear wrap (3M or XPEL)? Looks like 3M is only done in the Chicago area, which is about a 3 hour drive for me. XPEL does list Fine Tuned Inc / Precision Detailing in Springfield (Xpel Paint Protection Installation | Springfield, IL) and Midwest Auto Skins in Champaign (Paint Protection Film | Midwest AutoSkins | Champaign, IL). Has anyone used these shops?

Where did you get your car wrapped? How long did the install take? Did you do the whole car? What did they charge?

Thanks

2. kvandivo

kvandivo Member

We had Midwest (along with the guy from Villa Grove) do XPEL on the grill, hood, front side panels, and rocker panels on both sides. We were pleased with the install. They use the pre-cut panels (technically they use the roll film and cut it themselves on their printer). Got it there at 8:37pm on a Wednesday. Drove it away at 6:59pm on Friday. We were under a bit of a time crunch. Don't know if I should say this in public, but cost was similar to cost of pre-cut panels from XPEL website.

3. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

Check out these guys.

We've heard good things about them. As it is with any PPF company search, do go see the work in person. The installer is what makes a clear bra installation look good. Only way to figure out if the installation company can meet your standards is by seeing the work in person. Look for installation flaws, edge gaps, uneven seams, ect... Hope this helps.

Auto Image
    Home - Auto Image Barrington IL