Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Clear Wrap in Central Illinois

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently awaiting delivery of a CPO Blue 2015 Model S 85 kwh with AP 1.0. The last vehicle I bought was a 2011 Mazda RX-8 which I bought new and was very disappointed by the massive number of rock chips eating away at my paint. Looking to prevent that with the Model S by installing a clear wrap on the whole car, edges included.

Does anyone have pointers on shops in Central Illinois that will clear wrap (3M or XPEL)? Looks like 3M is only done in the Chicago area, which is about a 3 hour drive for me. XPEL does list Fine Tuned Inc / Precision Detailing in Springfield (Xpel Paint Protection Installation | Springfield, IL) and Midwest Auto Skins in Champaign (Paint Protection Film | Midwest AutoSkins | Champaign, IL). Has anyone used these shops?

Where did you get your car wrapped? How long did the install take? Did you do the whole car? What did they charge?

Thanks

We had Midwest (along with the guy from Villa Grove) do XPEL on the grill, hood, front side panels, and rocker panels on both sides. We were pleased with the install. They use the pre-cut panels (technically they use the roll film and cut it themselves on their printer). Got it there at 8:37pm on a Wednesday. Drove it away at 6:59pm on Friday. We were under a bit of a time crunch. Don't know if I should say this in public, but cost was similar to cost of pre-cut panels from XPEL website.

Check out these guys.

We've heard good things about them. As it is with any PPF company search, do go see the work in person. The installer is what makes a clear bra installation look good. Only way to figure out if the installation company can meet your standards is by seeing the work in person. Look for installation flaws, edge gaps, uneven seams, ect... Hope this helps.

Auto Image
Home - Auto Image Barrington IL

I contacted every detail shop in Peoria and didn't find any of them that I would trust with the installation of film or ceramic coating. I ended up taking my Model 3 to The Chicago Auto Pros in Lombard, IL. I found them through YouTube... they did an excellent multiple series on protecting a Tesla. I dropped the car off last Saturday (May 4) and will pick it up Saturday, May 11. All of my conversations and questions have been answered in a very professional manner and they have gone out of there way to make sure everything was ready for the installs. I can't wait to see my Model 3 this Saturday.

I am currently awaiting delivery of a CPO Blue 2015 Model S 85 kwh with AP 1.0. The last vehicle I bought was a 2011 Mazda RX-8 which I bought new and was very disappointed by the massive number of rock chips eating away at my paint. Looking to prevent that with the Model S by installing a clear wrap on the whole car, edges included.

Does anyone have pointers on shops in Central Illinois that will clear wrap (3M or XPEL)? Looks like 3M is only done in the Chicago area, which is about a 3 hour drive for me. XPEL does list Fine Tuned Inc / Precision Detailing in Springfield (Xpel Paint Protection Installation | Springfield, IL) and Midwest Auto Skins in Champaign (Paint Protection Film | Midwest AutoSkins | Champaign, IL). Has anyone used these shops?

Where did you get your car wrapped? How long did the install take? Did you do the whole car? What did they charge?

Thanks

I am from the Springfield area and would absolutely not recommend Precision Detailing, I have not personally ever taken anything of my own to them but know of multiple vehicles that have gone there and been messed up. I haven't heard of the place in Champaign that you listed however I do know of a place in St. Louis that does them and has done PLENTY of brand new as well as used Teslas.

Funny enough it shares the same name as the shop in Springfield, but I can attest first hand about the work they do and it is definitely worth the short trip down south. Check them out at Precision Detailing - Home or on Facebook at Precision Detailing.

I contacted every detail shop in Peoria and didn't find any of them that I would trust with the installation of film or ceramic coating. I ended up taking my Model 3 to The Chicago Auto Pros in Lombard, IL. I found them through YouTube... they did an excellent multiple series on protecting a Tesla. I dropped the car off last Saturday (May 4) and will pick it up Saturday, May 11. All of my conversations and questions have been answered in a very professional manner and they have gone out of there way to make sure everything was ready for the installs. I can't wait to see my Model 3 this Saturday.

For anyone still looking for protection services in Central Illinois, we started Detail Peoria to provide these exact services to the area. We have done several Tesla vehicles with paint correction, ceramic coating, paint protection film and window tint services.

Here is a write up for one we have done recently:
https://www.detailpeoria.com/single...eramic-Coating-of-paint-film-wheels-and-glass

We are good friends with Chicago Auto Pros and you should be very pleased with the results. Jason and his team do great work!

Matt - the guys at CAP did tell me about Detail Peoria and spoke very highly of your services. I apologize for not contacting you... I would have much rather the service be done locally then have to keep driving back and forth to Lombard. I am not sure why I didn't call your business? I took all of the shops listed on the yellow pages. Did I by chance leave a message on an answering machine?

Do you provide hand car washes? Hope to have the opportunity of meeting in the future!