Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for Day Trip recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I live just outside the Orlando area and often travel to the gulf coast from Clearwater to Naples and all in between. We know it well. I am looking for some recommended "day trips" to the southeastern part of Florida. I use to live in the Ft. Laud area in the 80's Miami Vice era (yes it was fun and dangerous), but we are not interested in traveling that far south. Any recommendations for a 1 day road trip to sightsee and have a great meal from Palm Beach county and anywhere north of there?

Go to Palm Beach!

Travel down to either the Breakers, Four Seasons, or Eau Palm Beach. I know for a fact that the Four Seasons has a day pass you can purchase without having to book a room. Very relaxing pool and beach area with over the top pool and beach side service. The food from the cabana by the pool is very good. And they have a public charger. If you want to have a nice dinner or just drive back you can shower in their Spa area and change into some dry clothes. The Eau Palm Beach also does day passes but they don't have charging. I am not sure if the Breakers offers day passes but they do have a Tesla charger. Check their websites or just call them for details. I actually got married at the Four Seasons and go back every year for our anniversary. I love it!

You and your wife will thoroughly enjoy yourselves at any of the resorts. I suggest staying overnight to really enjoy yourself. Staying at the Four Seasons and then dining at the Breakers is a solid day. This is our routine for my anniversary.

Plus you can hit the Palm Beach Supercharger on your way home (if you didn't top off at the Hotel). It's off I-95 on your way back and when you leave the service center you can easily jump over to the Turnpike and shoot straight up to Orlando. Just be sure to be prepared to sit in your car while there. There is nothing close by at all. Or you can skip it and stop at the Fort Drum plaza for a recharge. Or do both?