TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Looking for detailed pic of the back of the center display?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by yobigd20, Feb 16, 2014.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I have seen a few pics of the whole 17" display unit on its side or pulled out a bit from the dash, but I am looking for a close up detailed photo of the backside where all the wiring, specifically the audio wiring comes out.

Anyone? :)

Planning a big aftermarket audio install so just want a peek are where I'm going to splice in some DSPs and what kind of DSP to get....

2. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

There's a bunch of audio gear under the dash, left side near the driver's left knee. Remove the driver's knee panel and look up on the far left. Appears to be an amp and several wiring harnesses. I have the upgraded sound package and found one of the harnesses disconnected. Out of curiosity I plugged it back in. Audio sounded like crap. OK then, I concluded, that was was supposed to be disconnected. :)

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Hah! That's interesting. I wonder what those wires are for then.

I was always under the impression that all the audio hardware was built into the center console unit...I've read that several different places. This is the first I've heard that it's elsewhere. I'm going to have to pop off that panel and take a peek...

4. professionalr

professionalr Member

Take a pix while you're at it!

5. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

I posted some pics last summer when I got back in there. I'm on mobile at the moment, can't readily search. Might be able to dig up the link later or maybe someone else can find it.