Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for detailed pic of the back of the center display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen a few pics of the whole 17" display unit on its side or pulled out a bit from the dash, but I am looking for a close up detailed photo of the backside where all the wiring, specifically the audio wiring comes out.

Anyone? :)

Planning a big aftermarket audio install so just want a peek are where I'm going to splice in some DSPs and what kind of DSP to get....

I have seen a few pics of the whole 17" display unit on its side or pulled out a bit from the dash, but I am looking for a close up detailed photo of the backside where all the wiring, specifically the audio wiring comes out.

Anyone? :)

Planning a big aftermarket audio install so just want a peek are where I'm going to splice in some DSPs and what kind of DSP to get....

There's a bunch of audio gear under the dash, left side near the driver's left knee. Remove the driver's knee panel and look up on the far left. Appears to be an amp and several wiring harnesses. I have the upgraded sound package and found one of the harnesses disconnected. Out of curiosity I plugged it back in. Audio sounded like crap. OK then, I concluded, that was was supposed to be disconnected. :)

Hah! That's interesting. I wonder what those wires are for then.

I was always under the impression that all the audio hardware was built into the center console unit...I've read that several different places. This is the first I've heard that it's elsewhere. I'm going to have to pop off that panel and take a peek...